Recent content by uri.raz

1. U

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

HDD failure is inevitable, which is why I backup photos to the cloud (when I finish processing them) and optical media (once a month). Flash memory cells can be written to a limited number of times, then it fails. Good memory cards do wear leveling, but it only delays the inevitable. Then...
  2. U

Patent: Canon RF 50-80mm f/1.1, because crazy is good

Well I can assure you that the stories you hear with this man if nothing else, has been watered down. It turns into a 645 lens, 1,200mm-3,000mm f/0.7, which he doesn't cart - gravity doesn't mess with Chuck Norris' photo equipment. This is how the Hubble telescope was put into orbit - it was...
  3. U

Is RED about to announce the first RF mount video camera?

Happened to a friend of mine, who owned a store. A manufacturer asked to return a bunch of merchandise, as a court ruled it was infringing on another manufacturer's copyright and ordered a recall. My friend replied he's sorry, but he already sold it. I asked him if he wasn't afraid the lie would...
  4. U

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

I was hoping for more technical details.
  5. U

I rarely print larger than poster. Technically, how would 80MP lead to better IQ than my 5DmkIII's 22.3MP?
  6. U

Reminds me of a joke... A dude goes to a BMW dealership and orders a top model with all the options. After three weeks the car arrives, and the dude goes out to show off. He stops in a red light next to a Volkswagen Veetle upgraded to the teeth. He opens the window and asks the beetle driver -...
  7. U

Which MILC does not require an adapter to mount tilt-shift lenses?
  8. U

Is RED about to announce the first RF mount video camera?

RED already reverse engineered the RF protocols? That was quick...
  9. U

Canon working on another f/2 zoom lens for the RF mount [CR1]

Because everybody and their sister will be buying 100MP crop sensors, *and* will want to squeeze every last pixel out of it. Yeah, sure. 1. It shoots nearly 10fps, sufficient for a large enough number of photographers. 2. There are photographers shooting with a Hasselblad H6D-400c, which has...
  10. U

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

I agree there's a lack of RF lenses, but it seems Canon is going to resolve this one. My point the smaller number of EF-M lenses, by itself, does not lead to the conclusion there's a lack of them.
  11. U

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

It doesn't make sense to make an EF-S/M equivalent for every EF lens. E.g. The crop equivalent of EF 500mm f/4L IS USM would be, for all practical purpose, an EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, which Canon already makes.
  12. U

EOS R / RF 24-105mm f/4L First impression.

Reviews gave me the impression it is better than the EF 24-105mm f/4L, but still in the "not great not terrible" category. Interesting to read someone thinks better of it. I dislike Canon's neck strap. Bought a replacement years ago, and keep it from upgrade to upgrade. I'm considering a...
  13. U

Canon announcements coming at the end of August [CR2]

I kinda wonder why Canon hasn't upgraded it to EF-S 15-45mm f/2.8. It's the crop equivalent of 24-70mm, and there's an EF-M 15-45mm already.
  14. U

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Augmented Reality MILCs? Wake me up when that happens. And, mind you, Canon already has a 120MP 9.4 fps APS-H sensor, just not in a MILC (yet?).
  15. U

Patent: Canon working on lens cap technology!

I dislike the idea. One has to move four parts to open the lens, rather than one. If one of the hinges breaks, the customer has to leave the lens in a lab to be fixed, rather than buy a cheap plastic cap. It isn't a real lens hood replacement, because it doesn't cover the corners. Also, the...