Recent content by Viggo

1. Viggo

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM

After owning both I have to respectfully disagree, they aren’t even close in build and IQ, and the AF of the f4 is good, but the 2.8 is insane. The f4 isn’t weathersealed properly and also uses the very old IS unit. what you seem to say is that you get everything but the stop of light. Bump the...
  2. Viggo

Yes, but anyone who thinks the price difference is solely based on the aperture is mistaken pretty badly ;) they are pretty different beasts all together. And that’s my point, one can never judge ”if it’s worth it” based on aperture alone.
  3. Viggo

Consider always, two different apertures is not in any way shape or form the only differentiating factor. Comparing the 85 L IS to the RF85 and simply use f1.4 is close enough to f1.2 as the reason for the price difference is misleading. Otherwise I agree with the first part, and that is why...
  4. Viggo

Not to nitpick, but the 200 f2 in use weight is over 2,7kg.
  5. Viggo

AF fail on RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS...Because of firmware update?

What a bummer! I agree no settings should cause this. The good news is that if it’s easy replicable it will be easier to fix .
  6. Viggo

For me that’s not the point, it is to isolate subjects at a greater distance than I can with 85 f1.2. That lens is wonderful, but you have to be close to get the amazing background. With the 200 f2 I had that same separation and pop at a much greater distance. It’s truly something that has to be...
  7. Viggo

If it’s only 1,5 kg’s I wouldn’t at all consider that heavy... That’s the same as the 70-200 mk3.
  8. Viggo

Firmware: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

Does the 70-200 really have 2,6 stops of vignetting at 200mm.? I’m baffled...
  9. Viggo

In camera lens corrections

I have vignette correction turned on to better reflect my end result. I find the new RF glass to be not so very good with vignetting, so results will look very different with correction turned off ..
  10. Viggo

AWB vs Kelvin

I choose by closing and opening my eyes back and forth between the scene I’m shooting and the EVF until they look the same, takes about 10 seconds with a little practice .
  11. Viggo

AWB vs Kelvin

For me I adjust Kelvin value manually everywhere. I can sit in Lr and spend hours and hours, never getting what I want, plus it’s sometimes hard to remember what it looked like where I shot. So I adjust kelvin where I stand to match as close as possible to the actual scene and shoot. I hardly...
  12. Viggo

Winter 2019-2020

I doubt it:p, it’s always a struggle, she hates having her picture taken and complains I take too long, 2-3 minutes is an eternity for her, lol. But, those 4-5 seconds when something is okay funny I get some shots I’m happy with. on a side note , the eye AF is a gamechanger for me, it never...
  13. Viggo

Winter 2019-2020

A quick shot today. Not much winter here with 6 degrees Celsius and for once since weeks, a little sun. Lit with a Broncolor Siros L. RF85 wide open.
  14. Viggo

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

It reeeaaally isn’t though... the 85 IS is softer, much worse CA performance and much worse AF, it did not track anything like the RF85. And much sharper also . But each to their own, I just own(ed) both and to me there is no question the RF85 is better, even considering the high price.
  15. Viggo

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

Having owned both those 85’s I couldn’t disagree more :p I dislike the 85 L IS so much it’s getting me angry just thinking about it, lol.