Recent content by woodman411

1. W

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Everytime I hear Canon is behind in sensor: please show me a real world comparison (not lab numbers, not the pathetic dxo numbers), real shots, where the 5d4 sensor "ruined" a shot and the Sony "saved" it because of dynamic range. Please just show me one example. Just one. You probably can't...
  2. W

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Not really, good Canon glass has tremendous resale value, you wouldn't lose much at all, I've bought and sold a ton of them so I know. Oh wait stupid me, this is just a troll comment...
  3. W

How good is Sony's sensor when someone posts a video on the a9 + 600 f/4 (that's US $17,000), and the only thing people comment on, is sensor dust? Canon nipped this issue in the bud with its sensor shutter closing. Google "sony sensor dust", this issue is real and pervasive, and Sony has...
  4. W

This thread for some reason brought out the Canon trolls masquerading as either on-the-fence or gullible-impressed users ("I have Canon but Sony's really tempting me!" or "Sony was already 5 years ahead of Canon, now they're 10 years ahead!"). If you're really on-the-fence or impressed, wouldn't...
  5. W

Is SIGMA getting ready to announce their first RF mount lenses? [CR1]

If Tamron + adapters is anything to go by, I would say Sigma autofocus would work significantly better on the R system versus a mirrored system, with caveats as usual. On the 5d4, Tamron autofocus was hit and miss for me, and I tried the latest 24-70 f/2.8 G2, 70-200 f/2.8 G2, 35/45 f/1.8 VC's...
  6. W

Tamron launches the finest lens in its history with the new fixed focal lens, the SP 35mm F/1.4 Di USD (Model F045), for full-frame DSLR cameras.

I have (or had) Tamron 35 VC, 45 VC, 24-70 G2, 70-200 G2. Just a few things to know if one is new to Tamrons. Most (and probably all) Tamrons are not really suitable for video, since the aperture is not stepless, resulting in very noticeable clicking noise as the aperture changes, easily picked...
  7. W

Patent: Further breakdown of Canon’s upcoming IBIS technology

I'm in the same boat (not really caring about ibis), but only because I purposely got image stabilized lenses. If the lens doesn't need it, it would be relatively smaller, plus Canon's premium primes (RF 50, RF 85) don't have IS. For shooting people, IS is just some insurance, or peace of mind...
  8. W

Latest sales data shows Canon maintains big market share lead in Japan for the year

I know, next year Sony's really going to take down Canon when [fill in the blank] comes out. You're right, firmwares will fix everything, never mind the a6400 (and a9, etc), what about the unannounced but inevitable a7000 and a10 Warthog edition?! And if that doesn't work, then wait, just wait...
  9. W

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

Is it just me, or does Canon USA need some new blood for spokesman? Rudy seems nice and all, just comes off as... Old.
  10. W

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

My problem is, I currently have the EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS II and the drop in filter adapter, and like them a lot. I like the new RF 70-200 design, but the IQ will need to be a noticeable step up for me to give up both. PS - any word on whether Canon will make RF drop in filters?
  11. W

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

I like Tamron, I use their 24-70 f/2.8 VC G2 on my R, and would rather have 24 than 75 for general walk-around range, but to each their own. Autofocus, although slower and noisier than RF lenses, works accurately on the R, much better than the 5d4. Tamron just announced the 35-150 f/2.8-4 for...
  12. W

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

I'm sorry, what? You know of pros that have switched from their 1dx2's to Alphas? Do tell. Pretty sure you'll say you do, because this is the internet and anyone can say anything. In reality, we all know deep inside you don't, because pros aren't so stupid to believe all the internet propaganda...
  13. W

Why would anyone make a point about trends with less than one months worth of data? That just reeks of mindless propaganda, why regurgitate it here?
  14. W

Deal: Canon EOS R body $1849 (Reg $2299)

Yep. All the top eBay gray market sellers have their own site, and directly from them, they charge up to 10% less since they don't have to pay eBay fees. And yes, I've ordered big ticket items from them (E-infinity, buybuybox, t-dimension, etc). If you're worried about how legit, many of them...