Recent content by woodman411

1. W

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

Is it just me, or does Canon USA need some new blood for spokesman? Rudy seems nice and all, just comes off as... Old.
  2. W

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

My problem is, I currently have the EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS II and the drop in filter adapter, and like them a lot. I like the new RF 70-200 design, but the IQ will need to be a noticeable step up for me to give up both. PS - any word on whether Canon will make RF drop in filters?
  3. W

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

I like Tamron, I use their 24-70 f/2.8 VC G2 on my R, and would rather have 24 than 75 for general walk-around range, but to each their own. Autofocus, although slower and noisier than RF lenses, works accurately on the R, much better than the 5d4. Tamron just announced the 35-150 f/2.8-4 for...
  4. W

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

I'm sorry, what? You know of pros that have switched from their 1dx2's to Alphas? Do tell. Pretty sure you'll say you do, because this is the internet and anyone can say anything. In reality, we all know deep inside you don't, because pros aren't so stupid to believe all the internet propaganda...
  5. W

Why would anyone make a point about trends with less than one months worth of data? That just reeks of mindless propaganda, why regurgitate it here?
  6. W

Deal: Canon EOS R body $1849 (Reg $2299)

Yep. All the top eBay gray market sellers have their own site, and directly from them, they charge up to 10% less since they don't have to pay eBay fees. And yes, I've ordered big ticket items from them (E-infinity, buybuybox, t-dimension, etc). If you're worried about how legit, many of them...
  7. W

Deal: Canon EOS R body $1849 (Reg $2299)

Cheaper if you go directly to their website versus through eBay: https://www.e-infin.com/ww/promo/canon_eos_r
  8. W

Canon Inc. releases Q1 2019 financial results

Agree, hopefully Canon can maintain the physics advantage with their larger sensors, but maybe they'll have to eventually partner with a mobile maker to increase their computational photography abilities - Samsung or Huawei come to mind, someone big enough to really help. I'm guessing if Canon...
  9. W

Is a brand new 32.5mp APS-C sensor from Canon on the way? [CR1]

Why not use Canon's excellent compressed raw (cr3's)? They are only 15-19 MB's (on the 30MP EOS R) and as tdp analysis showed, there is very little degradation over uncompressed.
  10. W

Went back to using a 5D MkIV after 6 months of the EOS R... It feels antiquated

I'm also coming from a 5d4, and I agree with many people here, the autofocus accuracy of the R won me over. It has also allowed me to use 3rd party lenses again, since it was hit-and-miss on my 5d4, now I have no problem using Tamrons on the R (although RF lenses are still faster). The only...
  11. W

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.2.0 available for download

Agree... Face/eye tracking and ai servo working very well post update.
  12. W

I understand, thanks.
  13. W

I just tried silent shutter for the first time (and upgraded firmware to 1.2), I'm seeing noticeable banding under indoor lighting, led bulbs to be exact. Took the same shot with regular shutter and no banding. Can you please tell me if this is normal? Most of my shooting is indoors so if so...
  14. W

EOS R 1.2 firmware on Canon Canada

Eye/face tracking and ai-servo much improved, love it.