Recent content by ykn123

1. Y

You can now download the manual for the brand new Canon EOS 90D

Well regarding the cases, it's not a feature for novices - it's included in my 5DM4 as well as in the 1DX from 2012 - so it's more like a comfort feature and Canon decided not to provide this comfort to their latest DSLR - so it's the opposite of what you say and it does not make sense at all...
  2. Y

You can now download the manual for the brand new Canon EOS 90D

I'm normally not one complaining about Canon to leave away features in lower end cameras. I love my 2 1DX Mark I's. I had a 7DMII but never was really satisfied with the sharpness , so sold it and used my 1Dx. I hoped to get a smaller body, 10fps sports companion for the 1DX, a 7DMIII or a 90D...
  3. Y

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Well, does it skips the AA filter ? (hopefully) 45 AF points are more than i need - i never ever use automatic AF point selection anyway, just one point with 4 surounding helper points - with 10fps this is more than enough for me to use it as a baby 1DX. Hopefully the body is small (like a...
  4. Y

What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?

well, just give me more FPS in Servo Mode on the R - other than that i LOVE it. I just did some testing with my 100 f2.8 IS L on the EOS-R and really it blew me away. My dog wasn't really fast running (just normal walked towards me), i used the R in Av mode, Auto ISO , longest shutter time set...
  5. Y

A sensible EOS R review

- like this one too
  6. Y

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

well i'm trying to say that the increased amount of dust on mirrorless camera's sensors is a problem and Canon had a nice idea how to solve that to some extend. It really is something special compared to the competition. The camera lacks a lot of things not only because it's entry level but...
  7. Y

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

no - and i really dont understand this. Are beginners and enthusiasts not hit by sensor dust ? Would they not identify large spots on their printed familiy images ? I think it is one of the innovations of the R that it solve's the dust issue much better than any other mirrorless - and they...
  8. Y

Is the Canon EOS RP the next camera up?

Your comment, especially the part with 3rd world . tells me a lot - about you.
  9. Y

Thoughts on the Canon EOS R roadmap

Well, give me a decent AF Servo Tracking with more than the current EOS-R frames per second - that's all i need in addition to what i got with my R. So far, i leave any mirrorless canon at home ( i own a m50 as well) , if i'm out with my dogs every day. "Action" shots are just not possible with...
  10. Y

APS-C DSLR lineup to get a shake up? [CR1]

The AI Eye AF (with tracking i Servoe Mode ) looks very interesting from their youtube videos, but i don't like the a6xxx sytöe bodies at all. And yes, the price sounds interesting as well. Still would like to see those features in a different body.
  11. Y

APS-C DSLR lineup to get a shake up? [CR1]

I really need a small (not my 1DX - to heavy to take with with me on every dog walk) DSLR with fps in the range of 7-9 and very good to great AF Servo tracking capabilities. It could be a R - but not with current Servo AF and fps. Ideally no AA filter. There is none and i really think about a...
  12. Y

New major firmware for the Canon EOS R should arrive soon

Oh i'm not trying to defend Canon nor do i blame Sony or someone else. I tried almost every camera brand and many models , i actually owned a few nikons. All have their pros and cons - it's just that the ergonomics count the most for me and Canon wins here since a while. And anything else is not...
  13. Y

You must have had a bad day or why are you so angry on me ? I never questioned that Sony'S Eye-AF may be better than someone else's Eye-AF - i just never use it. And what would do a great Eye AF on a Sony for me if i had to use a body with terrible ergonomics ? I'm a professional child...
  14. Y

well, i focus on the face and use surrounding af points on my dslr - servo mode to track and then shoot bursts - i shoot running dogs since decades basically and they move faster than kids. works fine for me :-)
  15. Y

well, i disable DPAF anyway and also lens corrections and all that in order to get maximum speed in terms of fps.