Recent content by zonoskar

1. zonoskar

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

A macro without f-stop change at close focus would be a first I think.
  2. zonoskar

Canon registers a 32.5mp APS-C DSLR in Taiwan

Could the 6 segment battery display indicate that this could be the 7D-III rather than a 90D? Or maybe th emerge of 7D and 90D lines, but then more towards the 7D spectrum?
  3. zonoskar

Patent: Lots of optical formula lens patents for the RF mount

17-70mm f/3.5-5.6 is also a nice lens paired with the RP.
  4. zonoskar

Opinion: Canon EOS R with the Atomos Ninja V = Baby Canon C200!

As a second camera, sound should be no issue I guess.
  5. zonoskar

Canon publishes a paper discussing a new 3.4 μm pixel pitch global shutter CMOS image sensor with dual in-pixel charge domain memory

For HDR you don't need 2 double exposure if you have 2 memory buffers per cell. Just store the value halfway through the exposure to the first memory buffer, then at the end, store the value in the second memory buffer. If there's motion blur, it would be present in the exposure anyways.
  6. zonoskar

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

That's why Canon should include IBIS.
  7. zonoskar

Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L USM one of the “crazy” lenses coming next year [CR1]

Patent measures from the image plane, right? So subtract the flange back. That would make still 170mm: quite large. I wonder what th einsane rpime would be. Could it be a 35mm f1.0 ? Pretty please....
  8. zonoskar

Interview: Canon execs talk EOS RP with Imaging Resource

Sadly they didn't ask why no DPAF in 4k. I would be nice to know it is a sensor limitation, or Canon deemed it too costly for a $1299 camera to have.
  9. zonoskar

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

Would be interesting to do a size comparison with the EOS-R and EOS-M5 based on the mount size (cannot do this at work). This one looks like a slightly bigger EOS-M5. And the EVF doesn't protrude up as much. Might be my next camera to replace my 5D (the original).
  10. zonoskar

Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

Hoping for a body without EVF.... (use the add-on EVF if you need EVF) like an FF EOS-M6.
  11. zonoskar

Here’s an updated list of unreleased Canon gear

Wouldn't 1040mAh be the Canon LP-E17, the one used in EOS-M5? Maybe these are the EOS-M5-II and EOS-M6-II? The LP-E6N is 1865 mAh.
  12. zonoskar

Patent: Canon speedbooster for EOS M

Only four years too late. Besides, I already ordered the Viltrox adapter.
  13. zonoskar

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

That would make a 29Mpix 1.6x crop for EFs lenses. Nice! No need for a 7D equivalent in the EOS-R series then.
  14. zonoskar

Review: Canon EOS R by DPReview

I had good hopes for this review. Their "5 ways to improve articles" for the Canon were mostly related to ergonomics that are probably very personal. The 5 ways to improve the Nikon Z7 were all the AF. I think having a camera that can AF is way more useful than a camera the you have to get used...
  15. zonoskar

Canon said to have scrapped at least one DSLR in development [CR2]

I really hope they make a 60Mpix 5DSR replacement with the RF mount, then also make this the 7D replacement. 60Mpix with 5 fps should equal almost 13 fps in 1.6crop mode (23 Mpix). There's no mirror to be slapped, so the fps should only be limited by the processing power of the Digic CPU. As the...