• Liveview/Movie toggle like previous EOS DSLRs
  • Larger capacity battery, but looks like the LP-E6
  • 8K @ 30fps
  • 4K @ 120fps
  • 4K @ 60fps
  • Built-in 5GHz WiFi
  • New battery, but the same shape and compatibility as the EOS 5D Mark IV
  • Announcement ahead of CP+ next month
  • Launching in July 2020 (I'm assuming this means ship date)
  • Announcement on or around February 13, 2020

I'll obviously be posting updates as I get them.

*Update* I have removed the “RAW” part of the 8K @ 30p video specifications, I thought I had done that yesterday. The source that confirmed some of this stuff is unsure of what sort of 8K the camera has.

Some of our articles may include affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.

Go to discussion...

Share.

1,832 comments

1. "unless the whole world has conspired to troll us"

OR, they just learned this rumor from this site and spread it :ROFLMAO:

I guess in that case they will all point to CR as the source! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: They will sell it as a kit with the new 50mm 1.4 IS :D (CR0)
  2. About time canon
    2020 is gonna be a good year

and for the boomers that don’tthink mirrorless is the future well...
    It depends on Canon. If they do not give us new equivalent DSLR bodies or not. Not on the mirrorless feature per se. I would choose a high megapixel DSLR over a mirrorless one to use with my big whites but Canon may not give me or other the choice.
  3. The pixel density is too low to replace a 7D Mark II for long-reach applications (17MP in APS-c mode) and no information about the usability of the viewfinder (I find all Sony's and both Canon's to be unusable, so whether or not I ever switch away from SLRs depends heavily on this point).
  4. What no GPS???? Getting it from a smartphone with Canon Camera Connect is an option but not fail proof. Of course bluetooth spends much less battery than GPS so maybe this is the reason.
  5. Great, but damn, I did not expect to be waiting until July for this. I just sold a spare EOS R on the expectation that something new would be here by March, and the values of EOS Rs would start to take a dive. Kinda wish I had hung onto that camera now. :oops:
  6. Does the EOS R not have a wheel around the back that circles the directional-pad/cross-keys? In the manual for my 70D this is referred to as the "Quick Control Dial" and I use it all the time. Does this rumor imply it's making a come-back or is there some other scroll wheel?
  7. Sure seems like a 5D mirrorless version to me. And early July shipment sure fits the bill. Would most likely get a lot of pre orders prior to opening ceremonies for many that chose to replace their 5Dmk 4 with mirrorless, especially if toting that CFespress card

Leave a comment

Please log in to your forum account to comment