Wireless Lavalier Mics

For interviews I currently use Audio-Technica AT831 microphones with Fender XLR cables into a Tascam DR-60D that sits on top of my 1DX.

I am very happy with the mics but sometimes it would be better to be wireless.

What wireless mics are you using? Any recommendations?

I would like if possible to try and save a little money and keep using the mics I have, just stick them in a transmitter and get a receiver.

I will probably upgrade the camera to a 1DX Mark II and also go for the Tascam DR-70D at some stage in the near future.

Welcome all thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you and happy holidays.

Thanks, ethanz.

I did a lot of research into this, probably much more than I needed to do, and eventually managed to narrow it down to either the Sennheiser AVX digital wireless mic system or the Audio-Technica System 10. Both have their positives and negatives.

My wired XLR lav mics are Audio-Technica and I have always been pleased with AT's customer service so I ended up going with Audio-Technica, and so far am very pleased I did.

What I did not realise is how so many older wireless mic systems are now illegal because of changes to frequencies and how one country differs from another so am happy that my system is legal everywhere and digital.

Upvote 0