I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

unfocused said:
Fleetie said:
Harry,

On 29th April, you said:

...BUT...

we DO have another software surprise for you which should be happening right around this coming Wednesday....

Well it's now over a week later than you indicated, and we're still waiting.

So...? Have you got anything, or not?

(I think we know the answer.)

He’s got nothing. Never will. Harry has overstayed his welcome. No longer entertaining. He’s revealed himself to be nothing more than a pathetic liar craving attention.

===

Naaahhhh! I got something...it will be announced here and I can pick up my Bell 429...The proof is IN THE PUDDING! And the PUDDING tastes OH SO SWEEEEEEEEET!
Check out "QUIET PERIOD" -- You MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT BUSINESS!

ANYWAYS...Canon and Other Stills and Video Camera users will BE VERY VERY HAPPY soon enough !!!

Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
Harry may be a liar, but he's suckered us all into 22 pages of thread. :p

===

We are doing some "Last Minute Coding" to ensure a wide compatibility of camera hardware, FPGA chips and CPU/GPU architectures. This has of course, like almost EVERY OTHER programming project in the world undertaken by a smaller corporate entity, taken much more time than anticipated...OH WELL !!!

...BUT....the basics are ALL THERE NOW:

- 256-bit AES AND 4096 bit TwoFish video, audio and metadata stream Encryption IN REAL-TIME (during encode AND decode!)

- Allows ANY resolution up to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 pixels by 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 pixels (i.e. 2^64th)

- ANY video file length WAAAAY BEYOND 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 frames (2^64) using video block segmentation up to file system file length limits

- Multiple channels of Video, Audio AND Metadata in the SAME single file fully interleaved together on a frame-by-frame and sample-by-sample basis.
This allows MULTIPLE cameras and incoming real-time metadata to be saved into a SINGLE Windows AVI, Apple MOV, MPEG-4 and Custom-formatted Container file.
Also ALLOWS MULTIPLE resolutions, bit-depths and frame rates to be included IN THE SAME SINGLE CONTAINER FILE!

- Bi-directional REAL-TIME multi-channel text string, XML-formatted identifiers, fixed-point and/or floating point numeric metadata streams saved and read for EVERY frame or for a user-selectable every-Nth-frame

- Colour Bit depths from 1-bit per channel up to 64 bits per channel WITH Alpha transparency AND DEPTH MAP channels!

- Ultra high frame rates up to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 (2^64) frames per second!

- Real time 2D-XY SOBEL edge detection and multi-object tracking, Built-in Greyscale and Green Nightvision and multi-colour Heat Map modes for Vision Enhancement for scientific imaging, robotics and autonomous ground/air/submersible/space vehicles!

- Easy-to-use and understand API (C/C++, VB, Delphi/Lazarus, C#, JAVA/JavaScript) to directly connect to Codec-decoded individual frames and metadata for programmer use in a SECURED/ENCRYPTED/AUTHORIZED manner!

- Codec is a SINGLE FILE requiring NO third-party libraries or special hardware!
Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, Linux, FPGA, ASIC, generic CPU and GPU instructions.
Will work on systems that run at 25 MHz to 1.5 GHz+ Is multi-core and multi-node capable AND global wide area network IPV4/IPV6-enabled audio/video encoding/decoding IN ONE PACKAGE!

- Codec is Stills and Video capable and I have tested it at BETTER VISUAL QUALITY than HVEC and H.265 at even LESS of a data rate than those two!

IT IS NOW ALL THERE RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW !!!!!

DONE AS OF TONIGHT May 15, 2018 !!!!!

Now comes the Meetings with Head Honchos of multiple companies we are contacting in the next few weeks !!!!

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Fleetie said:
Harry,

On 29th April, you said:

...BUT...

we DO have another software surprise for you which should be happening right around this coming Wednesday....

Well it's now over a week later than you indicated, and we're still waiting.

So...? Have you got anything, or not?

(I think we know the answer.)

Still waiting...

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
HarryFilm said:
I have about HAD IT with Canon's slowness

Boy, you and me BOTH.

Is there any way you could shoehorn in a deconvolution routine?

I do research into renewable energy, and am looking into fireflies (they seem like a real life panacea). I’m confident I can cleanly and continuously power a city the size of Beijing harnessing these insects in a humane manner, but just need some imaging. The problem is they ignite so briefly and dimly that capturing the appropriate footage is challenging. I need at least 100kfps, ideally 24k or better resolution.

I have a background (several CENTURIES in aggregate if you consider multitasking) in pure mathematics, electromechanical ENGINEERING, optics, and applied physics, and I dabble in internal medicine.

What I’ve done so far is to design using excel and Visual Basic a 1m macro lens. It has an f/0.3 physical aperture (t-stop of .993). My background is DESIGN, not fabrication, and as you may imagine the design has very precise requirements. Fortunately my brother in law owns a particle accelerator. It’s probably three GENERATIONS beyond the toy CERN has in Geneva (even greater still than the real world difference between an exmor and a canon sensor). It is actually bored around the circumference of the earth (through the CRUST along the equator), so we are able to avoid micro-gravitational effects on particles. It also uses a DYNAMIC 5-D EM field generator (of my own design) to also counteract the effects of the earth’s orbit around the sun AND the solar system’s orbit around the GALAXY center (other galaxies are distant enough, given the r^2 relationship, that their influence is negligible). He uses the accelerator for mundane purposes like collecting Higgs bosons), but in off hours he lets me tinker and I’ve found some really fascinating material which has allowed me to REANIMATE Carl Zeiss and Leonardo da Vinci, and I had them hand build my lens.

Anyway, as you can imagine the elements are very heavy. I use custom superconducting femto actuators and am able to engage the focus system within 3 clock cycles (meaning within 6.67E-10 seconds), but sometimes I miss focus (and trust me reviewing in real time 100,000FPS footage only to find it is out of focus is FRUSTRATING. If you can deconvolve in real time, I think with my electro-optic-mechanical expertise, together with your mastery of marginally related jargon, we might be on track to CLEANLY power the GLOBE for years to come.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2014
3kramd5 said:
Boy, you and me BOTH.

I do research into renewable energy, and am looking into fireflies (they seem like a real life panacea). I’m confident I can cleanly and continuously power a city the size of Beijing harnessing these insects in a humane manner, but just need some imaging. The problem is they ignite so briefly and dimly that capturing the appropriate footage is challenging. I need at least 100kfps, ideally 24k or better resolution.

I have a background (several CENTURIES in aggregate if you consider multitasking) in pure mathematics, electromechanical ENGINEERING, optics, and applied physics, and I dabble in internal medicine.

What I’ve done so far is to design using excel and Visual Basic a 1m macro lens. It has an f/0.3 physical aperture (t-stop of .993). My background is DESIGN, not fabrication, and as you may imagine the design has very precise requirements. Fortunately my brother in law owns a particle accelerator. It’s probably three GENERATIONS beyond the toy CERN has in Geneva (even greater still than the real world difference between an exmor and a canon sensor). It is actually bored around the circumference of the earth (through the CRUST along the equator), so we are able to avoid micro-gravitational effects on particles. It also uses a DYNAMIC 5-D EM field generator (of my own design) to also counteract the effects of the earth’s orbit around the sun AND the solar system’s orbit around the GALAXY center (other galaxies are distant enough, given the r^2 relationship, that their influence is negligible). He uses the accelerator for mundane purposes like collecting Higgs bosons), but in off hours he lets me tinker and I’ve found some really fascinating material which has allowed me to REANIMATE Carl Zeiss and Leonardo da Vinci, and I had them hand build my lens.

Anyway, as you can imagine the elements are very heavy. I use custom superconducting femto actuators and am able to engage the focus system within 3 clock cycles (meaning within 6.67E-10 seconds), but sometimes I miss focus (and trust me reviewing in real time 100,000FPS footage only to find it is out of focus is FRUSTRATING. If you can deconvolve in real time, I think with my electro-optic-mechanical expertise, together with your mastery of marginally related jargon, we might be on track to CLEANLY power the GLOBE for years to come.

8) 8) 8)

Upvote 0
3kramd5 said:
HarryFilm said:

Boy, you and me BOTH.

---

YUP! I can de-convolve in realtime for re-focusing of imagery (I can spread out over multi-cores and multi-cpus/gpus!). I've been doing that technique for satellite/aerospace imagery for almost two decades now! If I know the lens type and model, the image sensor model and type with its micro-lens and on-sensor DSP characteristics, then YES I can apply computational photography to do a "Virtual Raytrace" to obtain the pixel values THAT WOULD BE THERE had the camera been in actual proper focus. If I had 3D-XYZ positional data of the lens and camera (i.e. taking into account high frequency and low frequency vibrations) I can do EVEN BETTER quality wise!

My friend is also an amateur astronomer and he has a THREE METRE telescope on his Shuswap Lake property (i.e. Canada's largest private 'scope!) with a DEFORMABLE mirror so his imagery is going to be quite a bit better than your ONE METER lens! I suggest a liquid-filled twin-clear-membrane lens that can deform its shape on-the fly using mere air pressure differences on the lens that is sandwiched between two glassed-in helium filled pressure chambers -- we change the pressure in one side or the other and the lens itself DEFORMS to the configuration we like....THAT would aid in proper focus of distant imagery! (please note THAT this is now an OPEN SOURCE GPL3-licenced technique!)

For your EM experiments, I can get you 1000+ of 50 kilowatt lasers and we can do some beam summing within a globular configuration to see if we can compress and then fuse some pellets of Deuterium and Tritium to power your gravitational effects generators!

To see the RESULTS of your experiments, my codec IS capable of up to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 frames per second and BUT THAT is ONLY A LIMIT imposed by the fact that I am using a 64-bit CPU...I MIGHT be able to scrounge up some 128-bit ULTRA-SPARC CPU's we've custom designed at my friend's lab so you can do 2^128 - 1 frames per second! (He has a 7 nm electron beam microcircuit etching machine BUT that takes 22 days to etch a SINGLE 128-bit CPU onto a sapphire substrate so the wait for a CPU/GPU circuit is a bit long for my tastes)
You may JUST HAVE TO DO WITH ONLY 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 frames per second!

AND....YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY NEED an Attosecond-pulsed laser in the X-ray band to really see the imaging results of all that fusion going on!

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE you might need for your experiments?

I MIGHT be able to put your device(s) on our 143,000 lbs (64800 kg) drone!
It flies to near-space at 300,000 ft and can carry over 90,000 lbs of gear!

Would THAT HELP?

Upvote 0
AND i should note that ALL my CPU registers for video compression goto 11 right across the board and that means it's ONE MORE IN VALUE isn't it?

Soooo....If we need that extra push over the cliff, we put it to 11 which is one more than 10 so each register has more value doesn't it?

And 11 is more than 10 right?

Soooooo .... Nigel, would you mind bring me a Cup of Tea....

===

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
3kramd5 said:
HarryFilm said:

Boy, you and me BOTH.

I do research into renewable energy, and am looking into fireflies (they seem like a real life panacea). I’m confident I can cleanly and continuously power a city the size of Beijing harnessing these insects in a humane manner, but just need some imaging.

I have an easier solution: Just post up photos of Kim Kardashian's moon all over town. They'd have to be taken with a Sony to get the full dynamic range a Kardashian moon offers.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
CanonFanBoy said:
3kramd5 said:
HarryFilm said:

Boy, you and me BOTH.

I do research into renewable energy, and am looking into fireflies (they seem like a real life panacea). I’m confident I can cleanly and continuously power a city the size of Beijing harnessing these insects in a humane manner, but just need some imaging.

I have an easier solution: Just post up photos of Kim Kardashian's moon all over town. They'd have to be taken with a Sony to get the full dynamic range a Kardashian moon offers.

Attachments

• 8A2DB9A4-C92A-4057-84B7-3520C7771ACE.jpeg
    8A2DB9A4-C92A-4057-84B7-3520C7771ACE.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 602
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
3kramd5 said:
CanonFanBoy said:
3kramd5 said:
HarryFilm said:

Boy, you and me BOTH.

;) And it ain't pretty!

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
Sooooo... Nothing yet?
He bought a small ISLAND in the West Indies, but so far it has no INTERNET access. He’s building a micro communications SATELLITE with spare parts from an old wristwatch which will provide 6GBs BANDWIDTH to his home there but it hasn’t launched YET.

And remember, you heard it here first.

Upvote 0