Which is the best B/w photography click?

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Ryan.
Did you really only want to ask Click the question, or is it open to all? :oops::rolleyes::D
Wow that is a fugly / scary tree. It is a nice photo though.
I don’t think I have a b/w photo, and I don’t have the ability to look at a photo and think ‘that would be better as a b/w shot’ so it is unlikely to happen!

Cheers, Graham.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Hi CanonFanBoy.
Nice shot, I love the effect in the sky and on the water, but on my iPad the land looks incredibly dark, was this your intent or has something got lost in the ether?

Cheers, Graham.
Yeah, the ground is very dark. It was mid-day and I had no filters so I exposed for the sky. Landscapes are hard for me. :) I also didn't have a tripod so could not bracket at all. Now I have an excuse to go back. Planning on traveling for few months and living in the car. fun Fun FUN!!! Need to retrieve my tent and fishing pole from storage in Nevada.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi CFB.
Given all the problems I think you pulled it off quite well, any one of the things you didn’t have would probably have helped, filter or tripod, but both would make it easier, now get yourself back there and make the shot right! :D:D:D

Cheers, Graham.

Yeah, the ground is very dark. It was mid-day and I had no filters so I exposed for the sky. Landscapes are hard for me. :) I also didn't have a tripod so could not bracket at all. Now I have an excuse to go back. Planning on traveling for few months and living in the car. fun Fun FUN!!! Need to retrieve my tent and fishing pole from storage in Nevada.

Upvote 0
Hi Filipe.
A very nice shot, cool little car too. Is that a Can(n)on I see in the right of the shot? :oops::oops::D:D:D

Cheers, Graham.

Yes it is cannon

I have other photos in the same place. My classic Mercedes and a friends Alfa Romeo. Love the place...

Attachments

• 2018-08-13_11-43-02.jpg
    2018-08-13_11-43-02.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 204
  • FB_IMG_1534168429096.jpg
    FB_IMG_1534168429096.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 2018-08-13_02-52-06.jpg
    2018-08-13_02-52-06.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Hi CFB.
Given all the problems I think you pulled it off quite well, any one of the things you didn’t have would probably have helped, filter or tripod, but both would make it easier, now get yourself back there and make the shot right! :D:D:D

Cheers, Graham.

Ahhhh... to be back on the Redneck Riviera in the Florida Panhandle. ;)

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I also didn't have a tripod so could not bracket at all.

Bracketing when shooting handheld works fine for me. I usually don't zoom in to quite the final cropping to allow for less than perfect overlapping. Photoshop almost always can align the different exposures.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0