Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful shots.
0057.gif
I especially like the 2nd one.

Well done.

Notice that this worldclass pilot flies with his eyes closed, I assume he relies on 'The Force'... :-D

He's afraid of heights.
icon_lol.gif

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Upvote 0
Was he about to climb sharply ? The G in those single seat aerobatic aircraft must be cruel ! I was in an aerobatic side-by-side two seater one and couldn't lift the camera to my eye !
I think I got the photo at the only second in the program where Jurgis was flying straight and level so it should be close to 1G.. and he was not far above the ground either :) SU-31 is built for 12G but Jurgis' plane is modified (he participated in the development when working at Sukhoi)
  • Never exceed speed: 450 km/h (280 mph; 243 kn)
  • Maximum speed: 331 km/h (205 mph; 178 kn)
  • Stall speed: 106 km/h (66 mph; 57 kn)
  • Range: 1,100 km (684 mi; 594 nmi)
  • Rate of climb: 24 m/s (4,724 ft/min)
  • Maximum g-load: 12 g
  • Roll rate: 7 rad/sec (401 deg/sec)

I'd better attach some boring Saab 39C Gripen pictures to make my employer happy. I had to add some noise to mask a few classified details :p

F36A6854_DxO_full-1.jpgF36A6880_DxO_full.jpgF36A6915_DxO_full.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Hi all, the spammer is back :-D
What about a Fieseler Fi 156 Storch restored to flying condition with authentic German WWII markings?
Im trying to figure out what the sign 'sacklandung verboten' on the dasboard implies, it is difficult to find any aircraft which beats Storch regarding STOL capabilities but maybe there are some limitations also for this aircraft.
Flygfesten, Dala-Järna, Sweden

Google translate gives 'blind landing' which seems reasonable although going that slow you could just hang a potato on a string and feel your way down...

Jim

Upvote 0
Thanks Click and Wiebe!
'Baltic Bees' performed perfect formation flight with their L39C Albatros jet trainers..
I wish I knew how to link to flickr so the pictures appears here... advice needed :)
[...]

Great shot Erik - and looking at your flickr pages... you could teach me a lot of tricks to get better at "in flight" photography o_O:cool:! With those swallows, dragonflies and (not to be forgotten ;)) airplanes - all tack sharp and perfectly framed - I'm completely awestruck...
Wiebe.

Upvote 0
The engines of that MIG29 seems to be running a bit hot.. nice photos! But where did Mikojan find that drop tank, it seems more appropriate for a farm tractor than a supersonic jet? :)
Thanks Wiebe. One trick is to practice on swallows and dragonflies before going to an airshow, jets will behave more or less as static motives then ;) Should I mention that I had serious problems at the latest airshow.. all planes appeared so far away and hard to reach. When I was packing all stuff before going home I realised that the teleconverter was not at all mounted on the 100-400L as I thought. It was sitting properly packed in its pouch :rolleyes:

More oddities: A P51D Mustang in RAF paint scheme

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28LXkBB]F36A6678_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2a5KTkG]F36A6628_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/28LXkEH]F36A6635_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]

Upvote 0