Suggestions / Issues with the New CR Site

I may have a variation of the logged-in-as-wrong-user problem (or maybe not). Every time I go to the forums, I'm logged out and need to login again - despite having ticked the "Remember me" box.

I do run rather strict settings on scripts and self-destructing-cookies, but it worked on the old site.
FWIW, SDC is set to never auto-delete cookies from canonrumors.com.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I like the new format. Very concise. I wish I could look at attachments without logging in because I read threads daily but post rarely.
It's not a deal breaker but it would be nice.
I have found that the time on the forum is four hours ahead of my time zone (USA Eastern). This post will most likely show Aug 19, 1:00am on my computer.

This should be fixed now.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The deleted member was listed as Nik this morning. So either he found a way of deleting his account or admin did it for him. His original question is valid - how do you delete your account should you wish to?

You cannot delete your own account, only an administrator can.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
LIke the new features of the site (like can see you replied to my comments).
One small improvement, put page info on the bottom as well as the top of the page - so when I finish read a screen (page) I can skip to the next one.

I'm not sure what you mean by "page info".

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
I'm not sure what you mean by "page info".

Hi CR Guy.
My guess would be Suggestions / Issues with the New CR Site type info, on the old platform this was displayed on each post, it is something that I have thought would be useful on occasions.
Whilst I’m here, the collapse block function is still not perpetual (for me at least) is there something I need to do to make it perpetual? Also, can we have it so that we can use the larger range of universal emoticons instead of just the dozen available in the header bar please?

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Hi CR Guy.
My guess would be Suggestions / Issues with the New CR Site type info, on the old platform this was displayed on each post, it is something that I have thought would be useful on occasions.
Whilst I’m here, the collapse block function is still not perpetual (for me at least) is there something I need to do to make it perpetual? Also, can we have it so that we can use the larger range of universal emoticons instead of just the dozen available in the header bar please?

Cheers, Graham.

There is a breadcrumb at the bottom, but I can't add anything beyond that.

The collapse is working for me, do you have cookies turned off?

I added a few more emoticons

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
CR Guy,
You're fast actor!
Funny that the little figures are scrambled in my MacBook Pro but fine in my Win10 desktop. Do you see the same with yours?

BTW., how was your trip?
-r

Yes, they are scrambled on MacOS and fine on Windows... I'll investigate.

The trip was great! I haven't looked at photos yet, but I'll get to that this weekend.

Upvote 0