Nikon Mirrorless: Photographers give their first impressions on the new mirrorless system

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Nikon has posted their 5th teaser for the new Z6 and Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras coming this week from Nikon. In this video, the testers for this new system give their first impressions and being a marketing piece, they’re obviously all positive.
You can see the rest of the teaser videos here.

Continue reading...

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Nikon, on 7/25 with the written announcement:

"Additionally, an F-Mount adapter is being developed that will enable the use of a wide variety of F-Mount NIKKOR lenses with the new camera."

Now, with this video:

"You can use all my F mount lenses on this new camera."

I totally thought he said 'all your F mount lenses', but the verbiage above implies that all the F mount glass that he happens to own just happens to qualify for use with this adaptor.

Sneaky, Nikon, sneaky.

- A

Upvote 0
Nikon, on 7/25 with the written announcement:

"Additionally, an F-Mount adapter is being developed that will enable the use of a wide variety of F-Mount NIKKOR lenses with the new camera."

Now, with this video:

"You can use all my F mount lenses on this new camera."

I totally thought he said 'all your F mount lenses', but the verbiage above implies that all the F mount glass that he happens to own just happens to qualify for use with this adaptor.

Sneaky, Nikon, sneaky.

- A

Moreover. The only reliable information is that at least two lenses are mountable (assuming the guy doesn't own two exact same lenses).

Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018
That grip looks more CaNikon DSLR than squeeze-it-in Sony and my guess is overall more like the D7200 sorta size.
yes. already knwon from previous teasers.

Here is a rumored roadmap for the upcoming Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and lenses in 2018 to 2019.

2018:
2019:
  • Four or five Z-NIKKOR lenses, one or two will be zoom lenses
  • Nikon Z Speedlight
  • Nikon Z booster/grip
https://www.nikonrumors.co/nikon-z-mount-mirrorless-cameras-lenses-roadmap-2018-2019/

Upvote 0
I'm cheering Nikon on, even as a Canon user, because competition is a great thing for many reasons. Sony has been kicking hard the last few years. Nikon has started to kick back (D850, etc), and we're all hoping that Canon joins the fight. I hope the next month is exciting across the board.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Here's a still Petapixel reported from the video (yet I don't see this shot anywhere in the video):

nikonmirrorlessfeat-2-800x420.jpg

I can only presume this guy has fairly large hands because this shot runs largely against th grain of a host of mockups/layouts that would imply that this camera is not dramatically smaller than their SLRs.

It's a limited look, but the size/shape of the lens looks more like a 100 f/2.8 than the fast prime or zooms we've seen. Truly curiously to see how much glass they launch with.

- A

Upvote 0
Here's a still Petapixel reported from the video (yet I don't see this shot anywhere in the video):

nikonmirrorlessfeat-2-800x420.jpg

I can only presume this guy has fairly large hands because this shot runs largely against th grain of a host of mockups/layouts that would imply that this camera is not dramatically smaller than their SLRs.

It's a limited look, but the size/shape of the lens looks more like a 100 f/2.8 than the fast prime or zooms we've seen. Truly curiously to see how much glass they launch with.

- A
That's Brandon Woelfel - though I'm not sure I can help you with his hand size.

I thought, based on every marketing image of the camera I've seen, the camera looks somewhat small. Initially I remember there were a lot of comments about how large the EVF looked in leaked images, but I suspect the EVF is normal sized and everything else was small. Also, I think there were already some rumours on the launch lenses: "24-70mm f/4 zoom, a 50mm f/1.8 prime, and a wide angle lens (possibly a 24mm, 28mm, or 35mm with an aperture of f/1.8" . This other link also shows a few people holding the camera - it looks to me that everyone holding it also suffers from Sony's "I don't have enough room for my pinky" syndrome.

Also, I think they also noted that they're releasing 2 cameras - who's to say we're not seeing images from more than one upcoming release? I guess we'll know more by the end of the week.

Upvote 0