My main man, again. :)

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Damien at 16 months. Children confirm that there really are angels among us. It was mid-day so the light is especially harsh. Still, that puts no damper on my love for this little guy.
Obsolete 5D Mark III and obsolete EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II.

Attachments

• Soccer 1 web.jpg
    Soccer 1 web.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Soccer 2 web.jpg
    Soccer 2 web.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 160
  • Soccer 3 web.jpg
    Soccer 3 web.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Soccer 4 web.jpg
    Soccer 4 web.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Soccer 5 web.jpg
    Soccer 5 web.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: 5 users
Mar 25, 2011
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Mt Spokane.
An interesting article, I had an encounter with something similar to this at a car show this weekend, a lady was reminiscing about how her dad had a Triumph Dolomite and explaining this to her granddaughters.
I offered for her and them to have a sit in the car which she accepted, I asked if it was alright to photograph the children pretending to drive the car (and having a blast doing it :)) her reply was yes but you can’t post it anywhere on line due to security concerns as the father was in the military.
I can see that we should consider many things when taking photographs of children!
I took the photo, showed Angela as it is more her car than mine and then deleted it to make sure I don’t find it down the road when I have forgotten the request and upload it.
As for the “sharing helps build communities” I have yet to see anything on line that builds a community other than in an online manner. (Nomex on!)
Yes I consider this a community but only in an online sense, real communities are knowing your neighbours, being a good neighbour and being there to help your neighbours if they need it, a seemingly very rare thing these days.
I don’t do farcebook or Twitter, (don’t get it, my online presence is here and Flickr (initially to facilitate posting here! :oops:) and a long time ago a car forum.

Cheers, Graham.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Hi Mt Spokane.
An interesting article, I had an encounter with something similar to this at a car show this weekend, a lady was reminiscing about how her dad had a Triumph Dolomite and explaining this to her granddaughters.
I offered for her and them to have a sit in the car which she accepted, I asked if it was alright to photograph the children pretending to drive the car (and having a blast doing it :)) her reply was yes but you can’t post it anywhere on line due to security concerns as the father was in the military.
I can see that we should consider many things when taking photographs of children!
I took the photo, showed Angela as it is more her car than mine and then deleted it to make sure I don’t find it down the road when I have forgotten the request and upload it.
As for the “sharing helps build communities” I have yet to see anything on line that builds a community other than in an online manner. (Nomex on!)
Yes I consider this a community but only in an online sense, real communities are knowing your neighbours, being a good neighbour and being there to help your neighbours if they need it, a seemingly very rare thing these days.
I don’t do farcebook or Twitter, (don’t get it, my online presence is here and Flickr (initially to facilitate posting here! :oops:) and a long time ago a car forum.

Cheers, Graham.
I do photograph teen age children, ones in high school. I post the photos online, but they are in closed groups where only the children and their parents have access. I can indeed imagine someone stalking them if they are able to determine their name and where they are located, its scary.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Well, he's my grandson. He's with me 24/7. I am always armed. Always. I served 4 years in the U.S. Army and 6 years in the USMC. I'm a combat veteran. If I can't protect him, nobody can. As far as some kook skimming the internet for photos of children, that person carries that burden. Some kook with a long lens could just as easily snap photos out in public. This old town square is ringed with two story townhouses, any of which could conceal a perv. For the life of me, I don't understand the above stuff. I try not to live in fear. I appreciate the good intention. I do. But I think the fear is overblown. If anyone would like to PM their concerns, I am open to that. However, you do what you think is appropriate, and I will do what I think is appropriate. That way we can all be happy. :) Some might argue this is an infringement upon my grandson's privacy. I disagree. He's out in public. There is no privacy. He's not in the bath tub. Mom and dad usually whipped out photographs of us kids to show whomever would look when I was a kid and still do so. Never felt violated. And it isn't any of his pediatrician's business either. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...02b765ff0ea_story.html?utm_term=.11e124cdf66b

Last edited:
Upvote 0