Suggestions / Issues with the New CR Site

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi CR Guy.
It looks like the block collapse button is working, at least after a couple of hours it is still working, I think that is the longest period of working. Thanks you.
I have some cookies enabled, site experience enhancement cookies are on, add tracking cookies are off, I don’t mind seeing adds, I don’t want / need google etc snooping on my business!
Is there a reason we can’t use all the pre made emoticons available? I’m so used to selecting from the tab on the iPad for all the other apps that I keep using them on here and having to go back after a preview and put them in from your selection or sometimes I even have to edit the post to put them in.

Thanks for all your hard work making our experience better all the time.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Hi CR Guy.
It looks like the block collapse button is working, at least after a couple of hours it is still working, I think that is the longest period of working. Thanks you.
I have some cookies enabled, site experience enhancement cookies are on, add tracking cookies are off, I don’t mind seeing adds, I don’t want / need google etc snooping on my business!
Is there a reason we can’t use all the pre made emoticons available? I’m so used to selecting from the tab on the iPad for all the other apps that I keep using them on here and having to go back after a preview and put them in from your selection or sometimes I even have to edit the post to put them in.

Thanks for all your hard work making our experience better all the time.

Cheers, Graham.

If someone makes an XML file with all the emoticons out there, I'll gladly install it. There is no way in heck I'm manually doing it myself! :p

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
If someone makes an XML file with all the emoticons out there, I'll gladly install it. There is no way in heck I'm manually doing it myself! :p
Hi CR Guy.
Yep, that I get, I wouldn’t want to do it either even if I knew where to start! I thought it would be as simple as an allow emoticons / emojis switch.

Thanks again, Graham.

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
I must be simple, but I have no idea what is different between the two.

On top there are boxes with PREV 1 2 3 4 5

This is missing on the bottom (or perhaps I need new reading glasses)

When I am at the bottom of a page, I would like to select the next page without scrolling to the top

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
On top there are boxes with PREV 1 2 3 4 5

This is missing on the bottom (or perhaps I need new reading glasses)

When I am at the bottom of a page, I would like to select the next page without scrolling to the top

I have edited your screenshot to show the bottom navigation.

screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Although in general I like the new layout and after the improvements it works well for me, I recently stumbled on an issue that used to be possible but seems to be missing now:

Sometimes, reading a post I'm reminded of something posted some time ago by a specific member.
In the old site it used to be possible to (relatively) quickly find not only the submissions in general but also specifically the posted attachments. (Go to member profile, postings, attachments)
Now I have to wade through endless numbers of posts / submissions :eek: and I have to guess in which the relevant attachment may have been... (Member profile, postings >> shows only a headline - then you need to open the actual posting to see if it is the correct one with the intended attachment)

Is there more interest in having such search functionality back, or am I the only one? :unsure: Does a workaround exist to achieve it?
Personally I liked this 'feature' to see progress achieved by a member and/or his/her photo equipment.
Feedback appreciated (including the probability that it could be supported again :))
Wiebe.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2010
I recently tried RSS again, and I noticed a different problem: the feed "summary" always shows the text from first post in the thread. The date/time stamp indicates the current post, but the summary text is wrong. The image shows this clearly: compare the text and the date/time stamp against the first post in the thread.

And, in case I don't say this enough, thank you for providing this service.

1536415704760.png

Upvote 0

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
The "Get Notifications" bar screen right keeps coming back for some reason. Whether I've signed up or not, disabled web notifications or not, it's still there... blocking chunks of forum posts, and making it difficult to read entire messages. I would love to see this "feature" removed or at the very least, curtailed as to be less intrusive.

Upvote 0