Anyone upgrading?

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
privatebydesign said:
To what?

Are you seriously saying 2/3 stop only at 100 iso is a big enough difference to make a difference? By iso 160 they are all essentially equal. How often do you shoot at iso 100 and need 2/3 stop more DR?

http://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm#Canon%20EOS%205D%20Mark%20IV,Nikon%20D850,Sony%20ILCE-7RM3

But PBD, some guy in France said those other two cameras are *ten points* better, and DPReview showed me this totally black frame that they pushed 17 stops in post and an award-winning photo was hiding in there! :p

- A

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
PBD's chart with one more added. When we talk about Canon upping its sensor game, leaving a 2017 camera without the good on-chip stuff is inexcusable, IMHO. I presume this is more about dollars and long-planned commitments to use specific fab hardware a couple years ago as new cameras don't happen overnight, but it's almost like Canon reeeeeally didn't like the 6D1 outscoring the 5D3 in some metrics and said 'I'll see to it that never happens again!' :D

But I'm OT. We're talking about the 5D4.

- A

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.25.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.25.22 AM.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 0
I have just pulled the trigger on the mk4 as an upgrade for one of my mk3s which has hit 150k so decided time is right and for under 2k brand new with a 3 year guarantee its a no brainer, only prob is the first one i have received has an issue and is having to go back so fingers crossed that was a one off ! Will report back once I have done a good few shoots with it but coming to the end of the wedding season now so great time to get a new camera bedded in and practice !

The ability to use the cannon connect app and the much better video focusing will allow me to expand into areas the 5d3 is not as good with and any improved iso and dr is a bonus. Quite interested in using interval timing in camera too :)

Wedding Photographer North East & Yorkshire Northumberland & Wedding Photographer Cumbria

Upvote 0