Show your Bird Portraits

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I wondered why you hadn't posted much - the cheeky little things had deserted you. Good news that you are back in business.

Alan, my major shooting holiday was not possible due to all the forest fires in BC. It was unbelievably smokey even in Alberta; actually unhealthy for asthmatics like me. Otherwise I could list a lot or reasons, including crummy weather, why this has been a very poor summer for me with the camera but there is always tomorrow - I hope. Oh well, there is also CR to view nice shots! No shortage thanks to the new and/or faithful posters.

Jack

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Alan, my major shooting holiday was not possible due to all the forest fires in BC. It was unbelievably smokey even in Alberta; actually unhealthy for asthmatics like me. Otherwise I could list a lot or reasons, including crummy weather, why this has been a very poor summer for me with the camera but there is always tomorrow - I hope. Oh well, there is also CR to view nice shots! No shortage thanks to the new and/or faithful posters.

Jack
Sorry to hear that. Our last holiday in Nova Scotia was affected by fires near Kejimkujik park in 2016.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Sorry to hear that. Our last holiday in Nova Scotia was affected by fires near Kejimkujik park in 2016.
Also sorry to hear that.... and likewise about Keji.... I love it there, and have been going since.... well..... Ummmm...... I watched the moon landing there on a portable TV :)

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
My shooting exercise started today with ISO 100-200 and finished with 1000 (at speed 1/400, f7.1) - from bright blue sky to overcast. Very hot in the beginning and ~every body (not me and I'm sorry for that:cautious:) was in the water:)! Posting only the Java sparrow - I think I haven't posted much of them (?). My attention to the Red-vented Bulbul was due to the strange, misplaced primary(?) on the wing.DSC_0700_DxO-1.jpgDSC_0704_DxO.jpgDSC_0733_DxO.jpgDSC_0783_DxO-1.jpg
Later got a White Tern - feeding, ISO 1000 (actually see above...)

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
@IslanderMV - nice silhouette... this summer I tried something similar with a couple of cormorants in a tree but wasn't happy with the result :(... It should have been like yours ;)
@Vern - very nice set of herons; lovely reflections in 2 of them (y)
@ISv - an excellent series of portraits again (you're making it hard for yourself to surpass the expectations :unsure::p set by your previous posts)
Wiebe.

Upvote 0