Shaggy Mane Mushroom Family

I did a 6-shot focus stack using f/8 with the Canon 180mm macro and Canon 5D Mark IV. I tripped the shutter the easy way by using the 2-second self-timer while touching the LCD screen that is set to sensitive. Naturally, the lens is mounted on a tripod with the collar and exposure is set by letting the first blinkies appear in the white portions of the mushrooms. I am shooting only RAW, so I know the first blinkies are not overexposed, just getting close, as the histogram and highlight alert are both based on the embedded JPEG in the RAW file, and not the RAW data. www.gerlachnaturephoto.com

Attachments

• web shaggy mane 6fs.jpg
    web shaggy mane 6fs.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 239
Reactions: 1 user

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi John.
Very nice shot.
But did anyone else look at this and think it needed something, I thought eyes and a mouth and they would make a lovely family.
Sorry John.

Cheers, Graham.

I did a 6-shot focus stack using f/8 with the Canon 180mm macro and Canon 5D Mark IV. I tripped the shutter the easy way by using the 2-second self-timer while touching the LCD screen that is set to sensitive. Naturally, the lens is mounted on a tripod with the collar and exposure is set by letting the first blinkies appear in the white portions of the mushrooms. I am shooting only RAW, so I know the first blinkies are not overexposed, just getting close, as the histogram and highlight alert are both based on the embedded JPEG in the RAW file, and not the RAW data. www.gerlachnaturephoto.com

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Nice shot, John.

...And welcome to CR.
smile.png

Upvote 0