Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Beautiful bird and a lovely shot, ISv.
0057.gif
Yeas, the bird is beautiful!
I think it is the same bird that I met on the same place ~1.5 month ago (photos on page 880 here). Next time I should take few fruits with me - it deserves reward for the collaboration (and I may get a friend there, these are intelligent birds) :)!

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Yeas, the bird is beautiful!
I think it is the same bird that I met on the same place ~1.5 month ago (photos on page 880 here). Next time I should take few fruits with me - it deserves reward for the collaboration (and I may get a friend there, these are intelligent birds) :)!

And destructive - babysat one for a month and it flew onto a hanging lamp and bit the cord in two (not switched on or the owner might have shot me).:)

Jack

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
And destructive - babysat one for a month and it flew onto a hanging lamp and bit the cord in two (not switched on or the owner might have shot me).:)

Jack
Or the owner would buy you a drink or two:D!
They need some thin branches around - may be chopping such branches they keep their beaks in good shape. I have seen them in the nature to cut such a branches by no obvious reason.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
@ISv - Nice series; I especially like the last one where the wind is blowing some of it's feathers forward - adds to the 'real life' feel!
@AlanF - Nice picture of the wagtail; not the easiest of lighting conditions but well exposed! Did you use 400mm DO-II + 1.4x or 100-400 II + 1.4x?
W.
The DO II. The lighting was very bad and I got only one shot before he flew.

Upvote 0
ISv saw your post of the feral cat on Ohau. On Maui on the northeast part of the isthmus between east and west Maui there is a public park maybe a mile or so from Kahului airport Kanaha beach park where the feral cats reign supreme. At mid day there were at least three hundred visible from a parking lot. I got there because it backs up to a conservation area that I hoped had birds, It was impassable.
One lady brought a twenty pound bag of dry food and was popular for about fifteen minutes.

Be a great place to safari cats of the escaped domestic variety, it is not a high rent park though. Poor native Hawaiian birds don’t stand a chance.

Upvote 0