Update to 4:4:4/4:2:2 Codec for Canon and other bodies

Okay that one got me good !

---

Actually, YOU ARE SPOT ON...It WAS originally a menu interface from a demo CD/DVD but translated to the web. I am assuming the web admin left the Copyright 2008 there but never changed it to 2018/2019. The whole website is axiomatic since the Bell 429 is already on the way and we no longer have to care one way or another! It's no longer OUR problem!

Anyways, YOU however, will most DEFINITELY be caring in MANY FORMS....!!! A whole lot of value-for-money is coming your way for APS-C, Full Frame and Large Sensor Medium Format Global Shutter Mirrorless Combined Stills and Video Cameras! You get to choose how much money you want to spend on these new FULLY weather-sealed camera and FAST lens platforms, and what still image sizes and video frame formats YOU want to record! It will be all YOUR CHOICE !!!!

For those manufacturers still clinging to the old ways....BE VERY VERY AFRAID....fast lenses are no longer a problem! Lenses will as good as or even BETTER than yours! AND MUCH CHEAPER !!!! --- Mirrorless Global Shutter is here !!! 8k/4k/2k 60 fps/120 fps/240 fps awaits EVERY BUYER'S production skills.....EXTREME LOW LIGHT photography is coming now! Noise is GONE !!!!!!! The future is TODAY !!!!

Upvote 0
A 8192 by 4320 pixel (DCI 8k) 16-bits per channel image is 34.9 megapixels so if $5000+ is too much for you, then buy the Global Shutter APS-C version of the NEW Wave-8 Global Shutter camera which will get you that same 34.9 megapixels (DCI 8k/4k) at less than $2200 U.S! The Full Frame Version with DCI 8k/4k video/stills around $3500 U.S. AND the Large Sensor Medium Format Global Shutter version of the Wave-8 camera is actually 139.8 megapixel stills (shoots DCI 8K/4k video sampled from the full sensor and 16384 by 8640 pixel stills) and will be around $5700 U.S.

The sensors on the APS-C, Full Frame and MF cameras are video-centric DCI 8K and DCI 16k (MF) resolutions, so it's a NATIVE 1.89 Aspect Ratio at a 60 fps DCI 8k still photos burst rate for ALL THREE CAMERAS and you can record for as long as media is available. You can crop to any other aspect ratio on final export/save! Remember! it's YOUR CHOICE on what YOU WANT to save and export!

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
F1.2 Medium Format lens? holly sweat batman o_O

NOPE! $5700 U.S. Body Only! Lenses of course you will pay a pretty penny for at this level but it won't be as bad as Leica or Zeiss...more like L-series prices at equivalent focal lengths - Mostly F1.2, F1.4 and F2.8 lenses first......AND......COMING REAL SOON NOW !!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
F1.2 Medium Format lens? holly sweat batman o_O

---

You get choices with this new system....you can pay FULL PRICE for Flourite Glass F/1.2 and F/1.4 Medium Format glass (Which WILL be expensive as hell!) or you can pay much cheaper prices to get lenses that are Thin-Film Sapphire on Acyrlic elements which actually have a HIGHER refractive index than Fluorite Glass! Not only is the Sapphire-on-Acrylic lenses lighter and actually SHARPER, the price is HALF-the cost of the Fluorite glass lenses! They're still making BOTH types for the Glass Purists though! Both lens types will START at F/1.2 for the 35mm and 50mm and F/1.4 for the 85mm and 135mm. An F/0.90 45mm lens (Not F0.95! an actual F/0.90 !!!) will also come out shortly afterwards. The 45mm F/0.90 Noctilux-like lens will be an astrophotographer's and nighttime-streetscape DREAM LENS! Nothing else will compare to it in terms of light-gathering power!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What is this flourite material you speak of? Is it some special lens made from compressed bits of flour? Wouldn't that be cheaper to make than fluorite?

---

Oops! That was a bad spelling mistake....I corrected Flourite back to Fluorite (Calcium Fluorospar) which allows glass lenses to have less chromatic aberation. Canon uses it in the L-series lenses to reduce colour fringing and edge ringing. It damn expensive to produce high end glass for a medium format camera, so this "Certain Manufacturer" of which I speak, has decided to go with a Thin-Film Sapphire coating (Aluminum Oxide) on an Acrylic lens which has a VERY HIGH index of refraction which means you can make FASTER LENSES for LESS COST than high end glass lenses. The Acrylic is VERY LIGHT compared to glass at LESS than half-the-weight ...AND... allows for speedier lenses down to F/0.90 at 50mm !!! That would BEST any current Noctilux lens making for ideal low-light and astro-photography lenses!

The Sapphire is very hard and able to resist scratches AND is used as the binding-surface for typical lens coatings such as anti-glare, etc.

---

I should NOTE though, it MIGHT be possible for FLOUR to be made into a Crystalline structure IF you put in certain additives so that the compressed flour re-orients its internal structure to become transparent....I'm not sure and I looked it up..Since flour can be considered a polymer, maybe adding Benzene molecules or certain alcohols MIGHT allow the flour molecules to bind into transparent orientations. I'm no organic chemist BUT from a general point of view, it probably IS possible to make FLOUR-ITE or Flour-Glas (Oh yeah baby!!!!! Some NEW Trademarks for HarryFilm!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0