Black & White

Pacific Ave. - Santa Cruz, Ca.
November 17th, 2018

With the crazy fires we've had here in California the atmospheric haze has been great for photography but horrible for your lungs.

Leica M4 black w/Summicron 35 v.2
Ilford Delta 400
HC-110 Dil. D 8:15 minutes at 22°c

Nice shot! I'm really happy that rain is falling today and the fire danger eases but the Camp fire area will have new problems with this weather. I hope we never see the likes of a fire like that again!

Upvote 0
Nice shot! I'm really happy that rain is falling today and the fire danger eases but the Camp fire area will have new problems with this weather. I hope we never see the likes of a fire like that again!

Where are you generally? Not an address... I'm in the Bay area and from Santa Cruz originally. And yes, Camp area and Paradise is FUBAR. That will take years to come back. The rain is a blessing but now come the possible floods. In all my time here in California I've never seen smoke this bad from one fire. Crazy, and I've seen some massive incidents... Loma Prieta, Oakland fires, Napa fires, San Bruno explosion ( I was in SSF). This Camp fire was intense. Glad to see it close to contained. David...

So with all this fire, once we got the rain...Thanksgiving was clear. We had to go out. My youngest playing Hide and seek.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Where are you generally? Not an address... I'm in the Bay area and from Santa Cruz originally. And yes, Camp area and Paradise is FUBAR. That will take years to come back. The rain is a blessing but now come the possible floods. In all my time here in California I've never seen smoke this bad from one fire. Crazy, and I've seen some massive incidents... Loma Prieta, Oakland fires, Napa fires, San Bruno explosion ( I was in SSF). This Camp fire was intense. Glad to see it close to contained. David...

So with all this fire, once we got the rain...Thanksgiving was clear. We had to go out. My youngest playing Hide and seek.

I'm in the bay area as well, east bay and native CA. I agree the smoke was worst than anything I can ever remember, the smoke made it all the way to New York!

Upvote 0
This area is great and ruggedly beautiful....

Here is a comparison of format... top Leica M4, bottom Rolleiflex 2.8f

Leica M4 black w/Summicron 35 v.2
Ilford Delta 400
HC-110 Dil. D 8:15 minutes at 22°c
5DSr "scan"

Rolleiflex 2.8f
Ilford Delta 100
HC-110 ( Dil. D ) 4:45 minutes at 20c
5DSr "scan"

Great set of images. # 2 is an awesome one.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I really like this picture!

Thanks DPC...

Last night I had developed this roll at about 11pm... i set up the 5DSr on the copy stand and 'scanned" my film. Normally I do six frames at a time but on this roll I got an extra frame, #37. I had to set up the stand for just one frame ( a PITA) and didn't want to but figured I might as well since I deve'd it. Turned out to be my favorite of the roll.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0