Canon RF 35mm review by photographyblog

Jun 27, 2013
Pune
From conclusion:

With a full retail price of £519 / €519 / $499, the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM is something of a no-brainer in the value for money department. It certainly fits the bill as a versatile, fast and affordable wide-angle prime lens that certainly delivers the goods on the new Canon EOS R.

https://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_rf_35m_f1_8_is_macro_stm_review

Reactions: 1 users
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
I considered getting it, but I think 100mm is better for a macro, this is very wide for full frame. The lens has received good reviews.
Yes longer 100mm Macro is more useful as general purpose macro photography but 35mm will make a good product photography lens for studio shooters. It's a neat feature addition. Overall all the 4 initial offerings of RF mount are excellent.

Upvote 0
I considered getting it, but I think 100mm is better for a macro, this is very wide for full frame. The lens has received good reviews.

Hmm... I see it more as a RF version of the EF 35 f/2 IS, only faster and with better closeup capability. And less expensive too. I ordered one through a Canon-authorized retailer on Ebay when Ebay was having it's 10% off promotion.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0