Thoughts on the lower verison of the R

Aug 26, 2015
A more modern, shrunk down 6D II makes a lot of sense(some hobbyists don't even care with micro-adjustment on their lenses, which won't be needed anymore), they will try to invite more people in the system with a cheaper body and a smaller, cheaper 24-70/4 kit lens. I guess it won't have the screen or the EVF quality of the EOS R (not great, but at least the battery drain should be lower) and it may skimp on 4k as well(but maybe with the new processor it will get it with the lesser IPB codec and without C-Log), but still capable as a stills camera.

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
Well, what we could see is a mirrorless the size and body build of the x00D series, no weather-sealing, no top LCD display and stylistically more like a slightly expanded EOS M5.

As for the features that are available it won't miss out on anything that the M5 or M50 have, so it will have 4K but cropped, but yes a lower codec.

It might even be possible that this becomes the first Canon FF digital to have a built-in flash.

I'd predict a kit lens even cheaper than a 24-70 f/4L - I think a non-L kit lens. Perhaps an RF mount equivalent of the 24-105 STM, or something even cheaper like an RF 28-80 f/3.5-5.6

Upvote 0