Black & White

I made a new modification to my copy stands for large and medium format negs. I'm also ready to throw down some portrait wet plates that I have been working on for years. This "scanning" work is now the job of two 5DSr''s that I dedicate to this analog endeavor. I've abandon all flatbeds. I never liked the 5DS Canons but after using for this type of work my feelings have changed. I'd never use them for my wedding work as there are way better cameras for that but for scanning they are a dream.

Rolleiflex 2.8f
Kodak TMY-2
HC110 (DIlution D) 8:30 at 22 C

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I made a new modification to my copy stands for large and medium format negs. I'm also ready to throw down some portrait wet plates that I have been working on for years. This "scanning" work is now the job of two 5DSr''s that I dedicate to this analog endeavor. I've abandon all flatbeds. I never liked the 5DS Canons but after using for this type of work my feelings have changed. I'd never use them for my wedding work as there are way better cameras for that but for scanning they are a dream.

Rolleiflex 2.8f
Kodak TMY-2
HC110 (DIlution D) 8:30 at 22 C

I'm trying to picture in my head this set up you describe...

Is there any way you could take pictures of your set up and post here for use to see what you are doing with the two 5DSR's?

You're using them as a type of 'scanner'?

C

Upvote 0
It's just regular copy stands but I have two one for 35 and one for 120 and large format. The 5DSR's, 1 each, are mounted permanently as I do not use them for anything but this. The modifications are to the base of the copy stand for wet mounting large format. Basically I have modified both to have permanent negative holders under backlighting. Mine stands are both Kaisers copy stands, pretty standard... the bases, I'm considering doing a little business with so not going to post images quite yet of it.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
It's just regular copy stands but I have two one for 35 and one for 120 and large format. The 5DSR's, 1 each, are mounted permanently as I do not use them for anything but this. The modifications are to the base of the copy stand for wet mounting large format. Basically I have modified both to have permanent negative holders under backlighting. Mine stands are both Kaisers copy stands, pretty standard... the bases, I'm considering doing a little business with so not going to post images quite yet of it.

Ok thanks...interesting.

I'll have to go google "copy stands" now....
;)

C

Upvote 0