Here’s an updated list of unreleased Canon gear

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Below is a list of unreleased Canon gear that has appeared at various certifications agencies.
K433 (Original Post)

Mirrorless camera
Full frame
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth
Maximum image resolution: 6240 x 4160
This camera should be coming in early 2019

Yesterday I posted the wrong model, this is the unreleased full frame mirrorless camera that appears to have the same resolution as the EOS 6D Mark II.

DS 126751

Digital camera (DSLR – EOS Rebel T8i?)
Made in Japan (Oita Plant)
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth equipped (WM600)
SKU: 3380C003AA, 3380C013AA, 3380C023AA
Battery: 7.2 V 1040 mAh (LP-E17?)

DS 126761

Digital camera (DSLR)
Made in Taiwan or Made in Japan (Oita Plant)
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth equipped (WM600)
SKU: 3454C001AA, 3454C002AA, 3454C003AA, 3458C001AA, 3461C001AA
Battery: 7.2 V 1040 mAh (LP-E17?)

PC 2355 (PowerShot G7 X Mark III?)

Digital camera
Made in Japan (Nagasaki...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
A “pro” (I’ll use that as a stand in for full size) camera could use two batteries instead of one big one, to consolidate production.
For sure, but it'd be weird for Canon to require two smaller batteries to basically match what the current EOS-R does (2x1040 mAh versus 1865 mAh of the LP-E6n)

Timeline wise, it'd make a lot of sense for Canon to announce the T7i replacement (released mid-February 2017). And based on how many models the second one has, maybe its the T7 replacement?

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Looks as if those are the budget bodies, not the rumored RP (It takes longer from certification to physical appearance, right?

Chris Giles, I just had to give a plug for your evaluation of the R (your posted link). You did an excellent job, your style is very readable and I give you full marks for not being overtly biased. Simply great!:)

Jack

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

addola

Sold my soul for a flippy screen
Nov 16, 2015
For the two DSLRs, I think they'll announce the successor to the T7i/800D/Kiss X9i. That's the battery capacity they take, and Digital Rebel cameras were usually announced on February/March time of the year. The T7i was announced on Feb 14, 2017.

And typically that's around the time they announce their rebel-line. (There's an upcoming announcement on Feb 14th, 2019)

T6i : Feb 6th 2015
T5i: March 21, 2013
T4i: June 8, 2012
T3i: Feb 7, 2011
T2i: Feb 28, 2010
T1i: March 25, 2009
Rebel XSi : Jan 23rd, 2008
Rebel XT: Feb, 2005

Unless they decided to go with new EOS M cameras.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
May 11, 2016
The 7D Mk III still seems to be far away.

Perhaps it it further away than ever before (remind the rumors of little over a year ago that it was imminent).

Increasingly frustrating not to know when a more capable cropped action photography-oriented camera by Canon is due ........ :confused:
Or worse: not to know IF a more capable cropped action photography-oriented camera by Canon is due ......... :mad:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The 7D Mk III still seems to be far away.

Perhaps it it further away than ever before (remind the rumors of little over a year ago that it was imminent).

Increasingly frustrating not to know when a more capable cropped action photography-oriented camera by Canon is due ........ :confused:
Or worse: not to know IF a more capable cropped action photography-oriented camera by Canon is due ......... :mad:

Isn't life like that. When will my big wage increase come? Will I even get a wage increase? Will I get fired or laid off ?:mad:

The Progressive Liberals would have us believe that utopia is coming.;) Maybe we're spoiled?:unsure:

Jack

Upvote 0

The Fat Fish

VFX Artist
Jul 29, 2017
Exeter, UK
Let's hope the resolution is the only thing it shares with the 6DII. Like it or not, the 6DII is one of the most criticised cameras of the last decade and Canon had to rapidly drop the price of it. How much soft 1080p, lack of 4K, lack of IBIS and 2012 class dynamic range are potential customers going to take?

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Let's hope the resolution is the only thing it shares with the 6DII. Like it or not, the 6DII is one of the most criticised cameras of the last decade and Canon had to rapidly drop the price of it. How much soft 1080p, lack of 4K, lack of IBIS and 2012 class dynamic range are potential customers going to take?

And yet in the right hands it produces excellent results - we've seen them posted here on CR so ...:unsure: The 6D was very criticized and I loved it for what it was.

Jack

Upvote 0

The Fat Fish

VFX Artist
Jul 29, 2017
Exeter, UK
And yet in the right hands it produces excellent results - we've seen them posted here on CR so ...:unsure: The 6D was very criticized and I loved it for what it was.

Jack
Although that could be argued of almost any camera ever released. My 6D produces excellent images but it lacks other things I need/want. Mainly 4K, IBIS, Dual SD cards, faster FPS and greater dynamic range. All of which will improve the experience for me. Sony, Nikon and Panasonic can do all of that (except the 1 card on the Nikon) for £2000ish. £23449 from Canon lacks all of that but adds 6mp and a flappy screen.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
I really don't understand why anyone who thinks sony offers more and better specs for a lower price owns a canon camera at all and i certainly don't understand why they would spend so much time whinging about the canon. Is it perhaps because the canon actually offers more then the Sony in the areas that matter most but are not quantifiable on a spec sheet? Seriously. If Sony is so much better just buy a Sony. To not do so is utterly illogical and baffling.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Aussie shooter, that's exactly how I feel. If Canon were such a negative for me I'd switch and eat the losses. At least then I'd have peace of mind and be a happy shooter ... or would I just be looking across the fence again.;) Personally I feel spoiled by what's available and should be producing much better than I do with what I've got. That's not to say I don't ever have GAS, so I do have a wee bit of sympathy, just a wee bit.:cry:

Jack

Upvote 0