What are your best shots of 2018?

Hi!

Every year in January I like to review my photographic progress of the last year via assembling a list of my 10 best shots of the previous year. If you're interested you can see some here: http://www.focrates.com/gallery/000_Best_of_Galleries/best_of_2018.html

I'd be excited to see your best images of 2018!

Best wishes and a photographically successful 2019!

Reactions: 6 users
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
So I am out in the canoe and notice the loons. I paddle a wide arc around them to get upwind and the light from behind, let myself drift towards them, and get the camera ready. They kept diving and surfacing and then this one popped up close enough to me to get this picture with the water still dripping off of it's head.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The year before, 2017, was my most productive photo year yet, with some of my all-time favorite shots from trips to Austria and Monument Valley. 2019 is starting off well with two trips in a row to Grand Canyon for snowstorms and another Europe trip (Germany, France, Switzerland). By contrast, 2018 produced few great photos. My two big trips were kind of a bust. (Too long to go into the reasons other than to say Yellowstone is overrated in my opinion). Anyway here are two of the few keepers of the year: a spring shot from my local Arizona Sonora Desert Museum and a fall shot from Hayden Valley in Yellowstone National Park.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0