Deal: Canon EOS R body $1849 (Reg $2299)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
einfinityshop4 (99.7% approval) is selling the Canon EOS R body for $1849 (Reg $2299) for a limited time.
Canon EOS R quick specifications:

30.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
DIGIC 8 Image Processor
UHD 4K30 Video; C-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 5655 AF Points
3.69m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
3.15″ 2.1m-Dot Swivel Touchscreen LCD
Expanded ISO 50-102400, 8 fps Shooting
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, SD UHS-II Card Slot
Multi-Function Bar, Dual Pixel RAW

Canon EOS R body $1849 (Reg $2299)
This deal is likely for a grey market product and a Canon warranty isn’t guaranteed, but in our experience, you should be covered.

Continue reading...

sdz

CR Pro
Sep 13, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Canon, as far as I know, will only service products in their countries of origin. Retailers will also provide warranties. But these warrenties are less valuable than a Canon warrenty. I like discounts, but I do not want to wager the money I spent on a camera by trusting too much retail service shops and global shipping companies.

Upvote 0
is this a legit site to buy from?

Yep. All the top eBay gray market sellers have their own site, and directly from them, they charge up to 10% less since they don't have to pay eBay fees. And yes, I've ordered big ticket items from them (E-infinity, buybuybox, t-dimension, etc). If you're worried about how legit, many of them accept PayPal which gives buyer protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
So I sent a list of questions to the E-infinity store through their own website. The deal you get with the cheap cost for the EOS R:
  • The charger is for HK outlets. They send an adapter for the charger to be plugged onto US outlets.
  • There's no canon warranty at all, even in HK. They provide their own warranty: "They come with our 12 months warranty and you can have them returned back to our office for service in case there is a problem. However these guarantees are not official and they are being performed by our in house repair agent. "
  • If you don't need the EF-RF adapter, then you can buy the EOS R for $1729: https://www.e-infin.com/ww/item/3696/canon_eos_r_mirrorless_digital_camera_(body_only)
  • It includes the same content in the box even though they're missing 2 items on their list: "We can confirm the cable protector as well as the R-F-5 camera cover will also be included."
So it's a pretty good deal. But again... it's like buying the camera with no warranty.

Upvote 0