EOS R exposure compensation and metering

I get it...

highdesertmesa, Sporgan, and Viggo, you don't have the histogram on at all times in your EVF, right? You're just thinking about image review? The joy of MILC and one of the main reasons I switched over was the in EVF histogram. It's an incredibly powerful tool if you use it. The histogram and the metering being independent can most easily be observed with the histogram enabled in the EVF. Try it and see how it differs from metering.

All I was trying to convey that I think your post from a year ago makes confusing is:

In evaluative metering mode, the histogram will change based on your focus point (because the exposure is changing as you move the focus point).

In center-weighted metering mode, the histogram is stable regardless of focus point.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SereneSpeed

CR Pro
Feb 1, 2016
All I was trying to convey that I think your post from a year ago makes confusing is:

In evaluative metering mode, the histogram will change based on your focus point (because the exposure is changing as you move the focus point).

In center-weighted metering mode, the histogram is stable regardless of focus point.

I can see that now :)

I think I use my camera in a not so normal way, so what you wrote did not make sense to me, initially.

I got a little long winded (and perhaps a bit hypocritical) before realizing that there's more ways to use the metering and histogram than the way I use them :p

Upvote 0
I can see that now :)

I think I use my camera in a not so normal way, so what you wrote did not make sense to me, initially.

I got a little long winded (and perhaps a bit hypocritical) before realizing that there's more ways to use the metering and histogram than the way I use them :p

No worries. I'm usually wrong about technical things, so I'm going to go run a victory lap around my living room with my laptop held high over my head if that's ok :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0