Show your Bird Portraits

I was on a birding shoot with several others driving around and looking for snowy owls. Apparently the leader had heard about this owl being in this area and drove by. We saw a crowd of people -- and this was only half of them -- with artillery two blocks away. I thought it was funny -- I didn't know so many people in the Toronto area owned so many long lenses.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I was on a birding shoot with several others driving around and looking for snowy owls. Apparently the leader had heard about this owl being in this area and drove by. We saw a crowd of people -- and this was only half of them -- with artillery two blocks away. I thought it was funny -- I didn't know so many people in the Toronto area owned so many long lenses.
Yeah - long and very well camouflaged: I like that guy with rather bright blue jacked and nicely camouflaged lens:LOL:! Anyway, I think you have very nice neighborhood: both birders and photogs!!! Thanks for the photos - both of them!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Balanced!
Important in the last very windy days here.
(Looks front heavy - breast muscles are in front, but when you know how they fold their legs - makes sense!).
Oh! BTW the only crowd was me:). On other hand - it's not a Hawk Owl!!! These doves are just a pests here... Sometimes actually very annoying and eventually loved only by photogs desperate to take ANY photo of (not previously frozen) bird;)!DSC_5201_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Yeah - long and very well camouflaged: I like that guy with rather bright blue jacked and nicely camouflaged lens:LOL:! Anyway, I think you have very nice neighborhood: both birders and photogs!!! Thanks for the photos - both of them!
It’s lens protection rather than camouflage - to protect against crowds.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

There is a snowy owl in the Colonel Samuel Smith Park at the end of Kipling Ave, Toronto; always on the dock. No crowd! I was one-on-one with it about 100 feet away last Sunday morning.

Upvote 0