Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A lot more information came in after the weekend’s posting about potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications.
A known source has told us that the specifications posted did not match up with the next 2 EOS R cameras that are coming in the first half of 2020.
While the source said they couldn’t say too much at this time specification wise, it was mentioned that Canon will be “stepping it up a gear” when it comes to specifications for the next two EOS R bodies.
More to come…

Continue reading...

This is CR3? Interesting! I wonder in what way were the specification different? I hope it's not lack of IBIS because Canon users are being left behind in that department, and Canon does need to "step it up".
I know so many want IBIS but all of my lenses have 4-5 stops of stabilization and I use a top quality tripod and monopod.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
But, if this new source is to be believed, the 2 EOS R cameras could be:
  • EOS R2 and the high res 5DS2-like model
  • EOS R2 and the speed 1DX3-like model
  • EOS R2 and a megabudget (sub $1k) model that lacks an EVF (you use it like an M6 Mark II)
  • Two high res bodies like 5DS and 5DSR: one with and one without AA filter
  • EOS R2 in two different colors :rolleyes:
- A

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
I know so many want IBIS but all of my lenses have 4-5 stops of stabilization and I use a top quality tripod and monopod.
Every fast prime except the 85mm f1.4 IS doesn't have IS, and tripods are not practical for a lot of situations. Stop with this nonsense that IBS is unnecessary. Every feature that can help with taking better photos is helpful.

• Sad
Reactions: 16 users
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
If the message here was just that the previous specs are wrong, why word it so weirdly with the next two bodies?

If the next two are specced aggressively, it probably rules out the cheaper-than-the-RP R and the crop-R. The high res R should be a serious camera from what we see in the M6 II and 1DX III LiveView functionality.

But what other high end bodies are we expecting? I thought an R II / 5D mirrorless was expected for much later in the year. And releasing a mirrorless 1D so soon after the 1DX III would surely upset folks. What's left? A A7s equivalent?

Upvote 0
This is CR3? Interesting! I wonder in what way were the specification different? I hope it's not lack of IBIS because Canon users are being left behind in that department, and Canon does need to "step it up".
I was just getting comfortable with the specs for the R2. MP and FPS could easily be off and I wouldn't have a problem ... but IBIS? that's a must at least on the high MP body, probably for most on the R2 as well.
Other stuff is pretty safe: digit X, card slots, better EVF, no crop 4k.
Finger's crossed we'll know more soon.

Upvote 0