Cats and Dogs

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
After years hanging around this website it has become apparent that a cat or dog is a necessity to round out one's kit. Any suggestions as to type and colors? ;)
An Irish Setter :love: :love: :love: , crazy, lively, lovable, adorable, beautiful, sensitive, playful, great companion,and so much more!
But don't buy a show-dog !

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Just like you need cameras and lenses that fit your photo style, you need a pet that fits with your life style, for a happy relationship. Some dogs (and even some cats) are very active and need an active human companion as well. Others fit well lazier humans too, just like most cats. A dog can follow you around (and ruin your birds shots), a cat can't (but can still ruin bird shots in your garden) - but a cat won't force you to walk under the rain. A cat can help you in post-processing, but besides a mouse pad, you'll need a cat pad as well (I have still to figure out where to plug the tail - don't do this if you fear scratches on your monitor):

2G2A1776.jpg

Anyway, I never had to look for cats. They usually find me anyway.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Just like you need cameras and lenses that fit your photo style, you need a pet that fits with your life style, for a happy relationship. Some dogs (and even some cats) are very active and need an active human companion as well. Others fit well lazier humans too, just like most cats. A dog can follow you around (and ruin your birds shots), a cat can't (but can still ruin bird shots in your garden) - but a cat won't force you to walk under the rain. A cat can help you in post-processing, but besides a mouse pad, you'll need a cat pad as well (I have still to figure where to plug the tail - don't do this if you fear scratches on your monitor):

Anyway, I never had to look for cats. They usually find me anyway.

Looks like one of my cats.... she is very helpful when I try editing video of chickadees

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Hi CanonFanBoy.
It is important that whatever you get if it really is part of your kit it needs to fit the kit bag!
View attachment 187837

Cheers, Graham.
That's why a telescopic animal (like a great dane) is to be prefered, provided Roger states it to be as rugged as the RF 70-200 !

• Haha
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful pictures. Well done, Viggo.
d055.gif

Upvote 0