Search results

1. herion

APS-C Canon EOS R body likely [CR2]

I'd say a good bit but not considerable. Dual Digic 8's can add a lot of horsepower - even a Digic 8 and a Digic 7 could add a lot. I'd say the elephant in the room is the BSI processor. I don't know if BSI technology and dual-pixel autofocus are mutually exclusive - are they?
  2. herion

SHOTEN releases a complete series of Canon RF Lens mount adaptors

Looks like purely mechanical adapters... but why would anyone buy an EF/RF adapter from them? o_O
  3. herion

Teardown: Lensrentals.com checks out what’s inside the Canon EOS R

There will be a new weather-sealed opening in the "professional" version - this will allow you to: a) attach different sized heat sinks to dissipate the heat generated by multiple DIGICs or higher powered DIGICs *OR* b) allow you to attach a "Nitro cooler" - a small(ish) compressed cylinder...
  4. herion

Teardown: Lensrentals.com checks out what’s inside the Canon EOS R

With "a lot of air inside" I wonder if that bodes well for a dual-DIGIC setup for the "professional" model in terms of heat dissipation...
  5. herion

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

"R-squared" has more of a ring to it ;)
  6. herion

Is there an EOS R series camera with an APS-C sensor coming? [CR1]

I wouldn't mind a larger "M" body - I have smaller sized hands, and it still feels a little too small for me.
  7. herion

Is there an EOS R series camera with an APS-C sensor coming? [CR1]

Canon's bread-and-butter is the lenses. If you look at it, the M-family can take EF/EF-S lenses via the adapter; the R-family can take EF/EF-S lenses via an adapter also. Native "M" lenses are the budget lenses; EF-S lenses are a step up; EF and RF lenses are the premium line.
  8. herion

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

Let's really go at it and discuss Canon's feature (or lack thereof) of super-luminal lens processing - you get a picture on the SD card BEFORE you mount the lens, aim the camera and hit the shutter button... ;) ... and perfectly focused... :D
  9. herion

Although in a case like this, then all you'd need is a reverse EF/RF adapter...
  10. herion

Optically, I think it *IS* possible. Think of corrective lenses for someone that is nearsighted - their focus is ahead of the retina, so lenses are used to "pull" the focus back to where it should be. Sort of like a neutral speedbooster....
  11. herion

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

Sort of like the razor mentality - "Give away the handle for below cost because you're making money on the blades."
  12. herion

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

My guess is that is the "diopter adjustment" - it's currently right underneath the EVF on the M-series (which is a major pain) - this moves it to a much more accessible position
  13. herion

I have an M5, it's really easy to move the focus point. It's even nicer on the M50...
  14. herion

EF/R Adapter doesn't look as thick as the EF/EFM ... wonder if the flange distance is in the 20s....
  15. herion

News Flash: Good news for some, bad news for others

Now, let's see about the body size... let's not sacrifice the excellent Canon ergonomics... a "thinner" 6DII would be perfect, a "slightly larger" M5/M50 is too small with big glass...
  16. herion

Almost sounds like you could potentially MOUNT an EF lens on an RF body, but it wouldn't focus...
  17. herion

If this is true, then this also opens up the market for B+W, Hoya and other specialty filter makers to make these drop ins. I know I'd love to save money on getting filters across different sizes.
  18. herion

Sorta makes more sense, but the thought of using an adapter never gave me a conniption.
  19. herion

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

Like the Replicators in Stargate SG-1??? :D