Search results

1. R

One last round of EOS body upgrades left?

My statement is for film cameras as a group. Not specific for Canon. In the 1930's Leica was making range finder camera while Exakta was making SLR. later LOTS of company started to make either RF or SLR. Canon was making both for along time. The last Leica film camera, M6 TTL was made until...
  2. R

One last round of EOS body upgrades left?

In the good old film days, "professional" SLR and RF have been co-exist for more than 50 years.
  3. R

Canon M50 low light focus assist

M50 DPAF is phrase detection AF on sensor , works the same way as separate AF phrase detector on DSLR. Why drag the contrast AF into the discussion?
  4. R

Canon M50 low light focus assist

It got nothing to do with dual pixel AF. M2 is not dual pixel AF. It is cannon's way to make the DSLR more "useful". I tried my old trustworthy 580EX II on both M2 and M50. The focusing grid never comes on.
  5. R

IS mess up the edge sharpness of EF-M 11-22 on M50

At least 3 pictures were taken under different condition. WORST picture was chosen for pixel level illustration. Full picture with reduced size ISO 100, f8, 1/500. 22mm, IS off , focus at the grey Vent. Vent at pixel level, IS OFF Vent at pixel level, IS ON, no stabilization Vent at pixel...
  6. R

I went out earlier to try out Neuro and Mt. Spokane's suggestion. They are right. Wait 1 second makes a difference with IS. Will post sample images in a few days. the problem is at area closed to the left edge. Center is ALWAYS sharp
  7. R

Thanks again, John. I will give it a try and let you know the result in the next few days. Happy new Year to you and your family. Also Happy new Year to members of the forum.
  8. R

Thanks for the advice. Do you mean that I need to half push the shutter to activate the IS , wait 0.5 seconds, then push the shutter all the way down to take the picture???
  9. R

I just notice that the edge sharpness of my 11-22mm on my M50 is not good. After investigation, I found out that is caused by the IS function of the lens. I tried the lens on my M2. It has the same problem. Due to the lower resolution of the M2, the problem is not that obvious. Has anyone seen...
  10. R

RF to M Adapter?

All of these in 2 mm space??? Good luck to that
  11. R

M50, Exposure meter does not seem to tie into the focal point.

Mt Spokane, Thanks. I tried to focus on the computer screen and the dark shelf below the computer table. I got a change of over 2 stop. I was spoiled by the 40D that the focus points also acts as spot meter even at evaluation metering. Therefore the reading between drak object and bright object...
  12. R

The shutter speed changes less than 1stop between setting the focal point between the dark object and the bright subject with the SAME SCENERY
  13. R

I just found out that exposure measurement does not tie to the focal point. In the same scenery, I can set the focal point to bright, or dark area, the exposure still come up the same. The dark is still dark , the bright is still bright, under both cases. That is true for P, Tv and Av. Is there...
  14. R

EOS R Import Pricing

Canon USA wants a higher profit margin.
  15. R

Canon said to have scrapped at least one DSLR in development [CR2]

What other company has provided the migrating path to FF? What is the percentage of APS-C user migrate to FF? Do you really think that Canon will spend its resource to develope RF-S lenses and APS-C RF body in anticipating people will migrate from APS-C RF to FF RF?
  16. R

Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

The M50 has a back screen that you can flip it anyway you want. you can use it as a waist-level viewfinder. just like a Rolleiflex in the old days.
  17. R

APS-C Canon EOS R body likely [CR2]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was using 28-135 with adapter on my M50 in two major trips. Quite a few people told me that looks cool.
  18. R

There is EF-S to M adapter. It works very well with M50. I move from 40D to the M's and have never look back. I do not do sport or biding anymore. So there is no need for DSLR anymore.
  19. R

For sports, birding, even for kids running around, nothing can complete with DSLR. So far mirrorless wins in size, weight and no AFMA needed.
  20. R

Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

Mirrorless and DSLR will co-exist for a long time, just like Leica and Exakta has been co-exist for over half of a century. There is no way in sight that the I have both M1 and M2. The biggest drawback is that I cannot use them under the sunlight. I got the M50 4 months ago. Now I am a happy...