Search results

1. H

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

--- Maybe. Maybe Not! You'll see soon enough who it is....
  2. H

Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

--- ONE of the above predictions is ABSOLUTELY 100% ACCURATE! And the reason WHY I know that is parked at the local heliport! :):):) . BUT...I should ALSO NOTE that I did bring the Canon EOS C700 cinema camera prediction in 2014 to light because of documents I found on the Northlight Images...
  3. H

Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

"....Panic has set in at Canon. Next will be the $ 999 RP followed by a 499 RP with a microscopic strip in the middle of the sensor doing 4k..... " By CanonKnight --- OH YES! Canon had BETTER be panicking! Apple is coming out with 50 megapixel 8K video 2/3rds inch sensor and a One Inch sensor...
  4. H

Canon thinks the camera market will drop by another 50% over the next two years

--- You take 4K footage shot on any major Smartphone at 4:2:2 (preferably 4:4:4 if you can use that recording setting on your camera software), use Lanczos-3 or Lanczos-5 resizing (i.e. a 3x3 or 5x5 resampling filter) to get it down to 1920x1080p 4:4:4 uncompressed for editing, increase...
  5. H

=== Neural Nets are just basically organized groups of software-based weighted results of a group of If-Then-Else/Switch/Case-Of statements done after a matrix operation (i.e. convolution kernel) has been performed on a numeric input which represents a chemical/electrical value. What I am...
  6. H

=== As a matter of fact YES I HAVE...right here in Vancouver which is the 3rd largest film production centre in North America After LA and New York. In fact, multiple high end commercials, and photos of wildlife in a safari trip, race cars, soccer/football/hockey games, wild animals in arctics...
  7. H

Canon to release PL mount versions of their Cinema CN-E prime lenses in 2019 [CR3]

We have more than a few of the Canon Cine EF lenses usually used on C300 mk2 productions where the C700 gets the PL mount lenses (i.e. our Array/Zeiss Master Primes and Leica Summilux-C series) with the odd Fujinon HK Premier PL Zooms. I like how lightweight they are and SHORT lengthwise they...
  8. H

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

--- Canon has GREAT one-inch, 2/3rds inch sensor cameras and even 1/2 inch sensor cameras with some pretty high pixel counts but i have noticed that when they wanted more pixels they went to a larger sensor such as APS-H for a 250 megapixel camera and to an 8.1 by 8.1 inch (200mm+ PER side!)...
  9. H

I am going to suggest to you that it is actual converted PHOTO COUNT rather than overlap of the RGB sensitivities of the cones in the human retina that determine overall colour information. It seems that the chemicals that handle Luminance sensitive (i.e. brightness) of the Human eye's RODS...
  10. H

=== Actually, the greatest issue within the Foveon sensors, is the pass-through capabilities of the Bandpass filters used in the sensors themselves. Each layer SHOULD BE sensitive ONLY to the specified frequencies (i.e. wavelengths) for each the Red, Green and Blue colours and then REJECT...
  11. H

--- Ideally what SHOULD be happening is that SOMEONE BIG (i.e. Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Panasonic) licences Sigma's STACKED RGB sensor technology (aka Foveon Image Sensor) and puts it in a FULL FRAME SENSOR camera! A full frame sensor using STACKED RGB photosites would IDEALLY HAVE only 6000...
  12. H

--- I'm pretty sure Canon KNOWS large-sensor and low-light sensor imaging like the back of their hand! Canon already has manufactured and tested HUUUUUGE image sensors such as those noted below: a) 120 megapixel APS-H 29 mm by 20 mm Sensor at See links at...
  13. H

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

=== Been There! Done That! CODECS are NOW a DONE DEAL !!!! .... as you shall soon see .... The issue NOW is ADC (Analog-to-Digital Converter) sample rate (over 100 megabytes per 8192 x 6144 pixel video frame if you sample at 16 bits per RGB plus Alpha or Distance channel which is 6+ Gigabytes...
  14. H

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

=== There are TWO TYPES of 8K! One is DCI 8k (Digital Cinema Intermediate) at 8192 x 4320 pixels and 1.89:1 Hollywood Movie aspect ratio AND then there is the Consumer Video Broadcast 8k standard which is your 7680 x 4320 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio. the DCI 8K is what the sensor can capture...
  15. H

--- You'll see it soon enough.... but I will give you a hint ... Ap??? !!! To put it mildly, WHAT OTHER COMPANY could have afforded to buy me a Bell 429 ??? ...and I actually GOT PERMISSION to leak that word noted above in that particular manner, which is NOT a normal thing for them to do ...
  16. H

--- AND...the ONLY reason we had to do that is because of a CPU/GPU processor limitation. The REST of the camera software can actually do full 8192 x 8192 recording but the CPU itself is bandwidth limited. This will be changed in newer versions in the next 3 to 4 years but for this iteration...
  17. H

The 8192x4320 pixel recording is for video but the image sensor itself is 4:3 ratio at 8192 x 6144 pixels allowing users to DEFINE their own aspect ratio for video and stills recording. We only could get 30 fps at the 8192x6144 pixels BUT for stills you STILL get the full 50,331,648 pixels of...
  18. H

--- I would say ONE REASON might be that I have a COMBINED video/stills DCI 8K 8192 x 4320 pixel camera running 50 megapixels stills and 60 fps DCI 8k all 4:4:4 at 16-bits per channel (64-bits RGB/YCbCr RGB colour + Alpha or Distance channel) and 240 fps DCI 4K (4096x2160) + 960 fps (2K...
  19. H

-- And while they're at it, Canon might as well release an RF-mount 800 mm and 1200 mm for the pro wildlife and special observation still photo markets! When you start spending $6000+ US for a lens you might as well go for the biggest L-series you can for those can't-get-any-other-way shots...
  20. H

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

--- Flange distance is definitely a problem! I think it's 44m for the EF (full frame) and EF-S (APS-C) mount and the RF is 20 mm, the EF-M (M5) is 18mm so a diopter would be needed in the adapter itself. HOWEVER! The KEY issue is using Glass versus High Refractive Index Acrylic (i.e. plastic...