Search results

1. F

Canon releases firmware v1.1.0 for the EOS R and it’s disappointing

Silent mode does not work in the firmware with tracking priority countinous only shooting priority. What the heck?
  2. F

Cats!

Outtake from adoption photo session this weekend.
  3. F

Minimum Focusing Distance For Canon EF 70-200 F2.8L IS MK2/3 Lens

If you are shooting something closer than 2.5 M use 1.2 M . You can use the 1.2 M all of the time though. The 2.5 M is for things further away so that the autofocus is not spending time searching close focus.
  4. F

Canon EOS R usability issues

Having watch the full video, the guy should have actually used the EOS R before making the video. He talked about having to do this complicated system to change exposure compensation, but in AV, and TV mode all you have to do is change the rear dial. The only time you have to do that is if...
  5. F

Canon EOS R usability issues

I own the EOS R. I love the way the mode changes, I could change it without taken my eye off the viewfinder. I actually like the Fv mode which can make the need to change modes obsolete. Though I wish they had the Fv mode in the movie mode though. I could never change the modes without...
  6. F

Cats!

I regularly photogragh at a cat cafe. These shots were done last weekend with my new EOS R.
  7. F

EOS R first impressions - post your hands-on impressions here

There are three custom settings for photos and three for movies, but I am not sure if they store the af point. They do store the af method (size of the af area). ( just check and it seems to be returning the auto focus to the same place on the custom function.)
  8. F

Canon EOS-R or How Canon Nailed the Entrance into the Mirrorless FullFrame Market

The focus points are about the same size as that on my 6d. I believe in one shot autofocus you can set it to a smaller size. I believe all of the focus points are the same so the center one does not matter.
  9. F

Real world review: Canon EOS R by Fro

The GPS lack is not that big of a deal. I am getting better accuracy and not getting photos that not finding the gps because you have not had it on long enough with the blue tooth phone connection then with my 6d. You just open the camera connect app on your phone after one time pairing you...
  10. F

EOS R first impressions - post your hands-on impressions here

I used it this weekend. I really liked it, but I think I need to practice a little with it. I used the multistrip to set to change autofocus method and did find that I would hit it, so I set it to lock with the lock button on top. I kind of like the FV mode, however sometimes I would...
  11. F

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

Got my email that it shipped from b&H today. No battery grip, it is backordered though.
  12. F

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

I preordered with battery grip and cr adopter though b&h. They said they are processing the order. It says battery grip may be backedordered.