Search results

1. K

Patent: Anti static coating for RF lenses

Or use a normal DSLR where it is less of an issue?
  2. K

Patent: Canon RF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM

So with a distinct lack of thought coming with EF lens, will we ever see another DSLR body?
  3. K

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III one of two “Big White Lenses” coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Perhaps the difference from MKII to MKIII is an Arca compatible foot?
  4. K

Announcements Coming The First Week of September [CR2]

Rubbish... one has a good smart phone (S8)... one has an excellent DSLR (5D4). I don't use the camera to make phone calls.. and the reverse option applies.
  5. K

Need a RAW Editor Recommendation

Agree completely... C1
  6. K

Are These The Next Canon Cameras To Be Announced? [CR1]

Apparently most of the people who comment on this forum have given up on Canon and, thus, presumably buy other product. Prior to the news release in respect of the 70~200 2.8L III, most were saying there could not be much to do in order to upgrade a damn fine lens. After the release there were...
  7. K

Sigma Releases New Firmware for Select Lenses, The Mount Converter and Flash

Why? So you have to return to servicing for an update to the firmware?
  8. K

A Little Bit More About the New 70-200mm Lenses That Are Coming [CR1]

Coming early June, announced next week? Friday?
  9. K

Patent: More Diffractive Optics Supertelephoto Formulas

Agree completely. The advantage of mirrorless is not reducing flange to sensor distance, it's about getting rid of the mirror. I still want a viewfinder, I don't care if 50 grams has been taken off the body weight when I am using the 300 f2.8.
  10. K

This patent covers the following: EF 200mm f/2 EF 400mm f/2.8 EF 800mm f/5.6
  11. K

Are these continued rumours of of various EF lenses a ruse by Canon to have the punters believe that FF mirrorless is not going elsewhere in terms of mount?
  12. K

Here are Some Interesting Lens Mentions We've Received [CR1]

One understands the new lens is a 50mm f1.2 L IS (with one 1.4 TC, and 3 x 2.0 TC's)....
  13. K

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless is Definitely Coming, and The Wait Won't Be as Long as We Thought

My take on this.... 1. Is the desire for a FF mirrorless to do away with the mirror or to reduce size... 2. If it is out there in the wild currently being tested, what lens are being used 3. Reducing size means reducing ergonomics, battery life, less processing capacity Gut feel, similar form...
  14. K

The Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II is Coming in April [CR3]

Or there is more dosh to made out of new 70~200, both versions?
  15. K

Issue Discovered With The EOS 5D Mark IV, Firmware Fix Coming

"will attempt" never inspires confidence.... in any field of endeavour....
  16. K

This does not inspire confidence.... "will attempt to correct the problem in a firmware update within the next 4-8 weeks" Particularly the 1st two words, however, as I don't use video, and don't use remote per se, it doesn't matter.
  17. K

I guess it also means that the firmware that was due out this month will not be out this month..... http://www.canonrumors.com/firmware-canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-update-new-firmware-coming-at-the-end-of-march/
  18. K

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS Development Continues [CR2]

One hopes that improvement can be made in the performance of a zoom lens of this length. I currently use the original 24 ~ 105 L IS and, whilst adequate, nothing more recent out there in that range or 24 ~ 70 from either Canon or Sigma warrants stumping up the dosh.