Search results

1. IslanderMV

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

American Oystercatcher ( 7D, 150-600mm Sigma C ). Summer birds just starting to show up !
  2. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Sanderling on a rock. Had good light and an ocean background.
  3. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Great cover ! I think it is time to start a Kickstarter campaign. Get that baby into production ! ( I can't sew and none of my fellow birders can.)
  4. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

5. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

In one earlier post someone was asking for an id . Thought it might be a Dunlin. I shot a small flock Dunlin about a week ago.
  6. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

American Black Duck. Usually very shy as they are hunted around here.Took a minute to figure why she was so preoccupied. She was drinking from a wide fan of fresh water from a spring that empties into a brackish tidal pond.
  7. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Eastern Bluebird. Stumbled onto a small flock of Bluebirds in the woods- followed them around for quite a bit. Finally got the shot I was looking for
  8. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Have not visited "Rumors" in a while. Spent some marveling at the quality of the pictures and the diversity of birds. Quite a treat ! My area is an avian dead zone at the moment. Everyone around here is saying - what happened to all the birds ? Apparently they are visiting you all. I will post...
  9. IslanderMV

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

The Turkey Vulture gets no love. Here are two shots of this amazing species. Evolution has perfectly adapted them for their crucial role in the wild.
  10. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Closeups of a Goldeneye munching on a crab. Shows some interesting anatomical details.
  11. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Along side the road spotted a Red tail fixated on a spot in the brush. Got some action shots of the catch. I left out all the gross shots.
  12. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Silhouette - Black-crowned Night Heron - This was a purposeful shot against a blown out sky for the artistic effect - I have a lifetime supply of Night Heron shots with normal backgrounds. Thanks for the feedback. Jeff
  13. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Silhouette - Black-crowned Night Heron
  14. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

We just had a rare visitor for our area - a Hudsonian Godwit juvenile. Managed to get some nice pictures. (shot with a 7D and a Sigma 150-600 C.)
  15. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Some recent shots of young Least Sandpipers.
  16. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Nicely said. I have pretty much the same experience, love photography and kayaking. Both are great by themselves but combined - they are sublime. I live on a coast so most of my time is spent in salt water. I have occasionally gotten splashes as the weather changed while far from home. So far...
  17. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

The birds in my area are starting to migrate to the south. I have the urge to sort of say good bye by taking picts. Here are two species of Swallow photographed in the rigging of a boat. Barn and Cliff Swallows.
  18. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Last year I saw a pair of Solitary Sandpipers, The irony blew my mind.
  19. IslanderMV

Dragonflies and Damselflies

Great Bifs ! (Bugs in Flight ) . Truly hard to do. Here is a static shot of damselfly mating. Notice the mite on the male abdomen. (the blue one ) Bonus bug !
  20. IslanderMV

Show your Bird Portraits

Oystercatcher juvenile learning how to find food.