Search results

1. X

Question: EVF of the EOS R - compared to Sony 7AIII?

Who can tell me, something about the quality of the EVF of the Eos R? And of the maximal brightness of the display? Yesterday, I was hiking in the Dolomites ( Italy, Europe). And I took two of my bodies with me. 7AIII with 24-105 and 5DIV with 24-105 and 16-35mm, to be more flexible (no primes...
  2. X

Question on High-Speed Continuous Shooting using an EF prime or zoom lens

I´d be interested, if any user has practical knowledge how fast the Eos R i,s when used with an 500 or 600mm prime lens, or the 100-400mm II? Did anybody test this with these lenses? Is it still aroung 5 FPS, or less? I saw an video report, where the mentioned, the EOS R is very slow, when used...
  3. X

Quality of Electronic Viewinder on mirrorless cameras...

I leaned an brand new Sony camera and had a trip in the mountains and was really surprised about the bluish and artificially looking EVF. Also the lack of brightness did not make me feeling well. Compared to my own camerabody with an OVF, it was shocking dissatisfying. All parameters were...
  4. X

My first experience 7RIII / A7III AF accuracy & Speed on Canon 600mm lens?

Hello! Back from the middle east, I´m now having plenty of time to shoot photos. I was offered an nearly unused Alpha 7R III from an friend, who switched to filming. So, I´m thinking on buying this camers, for time lapse (mirrorless). And buying an Metabones 5 adapter. My question: How does...
  5. X

Motorized time-lapse slider - Rookie needs information

I saw many really stunning timelapse videos in the last month. Especially, if there is camera motion in it. I realized, there is an slider neccessary to create such videos. But I found not so much sufficient information about this topic for beginners. Do you know some www sites, where to get...
  6. X

Color banding/Noise when using gradient grey filter in HDR

Good morning! Let me ask for some help: I took exposure series to combine in Aurora, using gradient grey filter (some Formatt hitech 0.3-0.9 hard & soft, ) to stop down the sky. (Camera Eos 5D MK IV, manual focus, live view, 5 shots (-2 to +2), tripod) But, when I combine it in Aurora, the sky...
  7. X

A9 images leaked ;-)

An Sony rumors site released the first pics of the Canon 1DXII killer cam. ;-) http://www.........alpharumors.com/first-sony-a9-image-leaked/ (insert: sony) Definitively the next body to buy... ;)
  8. X

Need backpack for larger equipment - decision help needed

My Tamrac Expedition 9 backpack is out of duty after 10 years of intensive use. A new one is needed. Mostly carried equipment in this backpack: 600mm II L, 100-400mm II, 5DIV, 7DII, 2 extender, 1-2(-3) smaller lenses (100mm macro,...), flash, Gitzo 5542, accessories. And some clothes and food...
  9. X

7DII issue: refurbished 7DII or new 80D?

My 7DII suffers from (meanwhile 6th maintenance) permanent hardware problems (cam suddenly switches off). I thought after the last repair, this error has stopped. But this week it happened again. 3 My dealer offered me to get an refurbished exchange body with about 40.000 releases, or an new...
  10. X

Where to post your photos?

Hello! I am new here and I hope I´m posting in the right subcategory: Some of my friends asked me to show them some of my shots over the internet. I am an amateur, not an professional photographer. Mostly shooting birds and landscape. But where to place my shots? Picasa? 500px? Which of this...