Search results

1. MartinF.

Patent: Canon camera with in-body stabilization and in-lens stabilization working together.

It is actually an guess from another user, and only relate to EF lenses with IS. The guess is that having IS and IBIS working together on the EF dataprotocol could be a problem becuase of slow datacommunication between EF lens and "R-series" body.
  2. MartinF.

Patent: Canon camera with in-body stabilization and in-lens stabilization working together.

No - it is not a monopoly, but it has always been Canons strategy to divide their cameras into consumer segments. So does Nikon, so does almost every other manufacturer in a lot of other industries, also computer and cell phone industry. Even Sony with their A9 model and different models in the...
  3. MartinF.

I makes perfect sense from a technical point of view as well from a marketing point of view (making RF lenses to stand out), that IBIS+IS will be for RF lenses only. However a EF lense with no IS (as 24-70 f/2.8) will benefit from IBIS in an RF body. (but the buyer of an prof "R-series" camera...
  4. MartinF.

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

It makes a lot of sense. Being a 6D shooter myself, I think we will neither see a 6D mkIII as well. A guess that there will be a 1DX mkIII, and maybe a 5DmkV and that will be last two fullframe DSLRs. And then now the last prosumer X0D/7D in one body. But hey - it will be 10+ years from now...
  5. MartinF.

The Canon EOS Rebel SL3/200D II/250D/Kiss X10 is coming very soon. Images & specifications leak ahead of the official announcement

i simply don't get all the fuss about a damn Rebel camera. It is not supposed to be cutting edge - just a new model in the lineup.
  6. MartinF.

The Canon EOS Rebel SL3/200D II/250D/Kiss X10 is coming very soon. Images & specifications leak ahead of the official announcement

note that some of the design are from the "R-series" incl. the on/off buttom.
  7. MartinF.

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

With the newly updated EF (L) lenses I quess that Canon will stay loyal to the EF mount for years to come. 2019 will be the year for EOS-R and RF. 2020 - 2021 will probably give us some hints on the future of the DSLR series and EF mount.
  8. MartinF.

Canon to announce at least 6 new RF lenses next week

that is exactly the problem in this EF to RF transition....
  9. MartinF.

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

To me the main question is, what Canon will do with their existing fullframe DSLR line. Being the happy owner of the 6D "Classic", and more than a handfull of good glasses, I am split of what to do. Finally buy a 24-70 L f/2.8 , and then - later - a 5D mk IV og a V (when ever it comes) - of...
  10. MartinF.

The follow-up to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II may come in 2019 [CR2]

Do I understand this right? - Isit CRs guess that the 1DX III will be the last with EF-mount? - so 4-5 years from now, the will not be a EF mount option for 1DX series - it will be an RF mount?
  11. MartinF.

RF mount video products in the works, could see an RF Cinema EOS camera

I also think it will be at least 5 years out before there will be no new EF lenses. I know that the FD to EF mount switch in 1987 is not comparable, because the FD mount died almost instantly, but in the first 5 years Canon released 8,8 NEW EF lenses PER year, hereof 12 (twelve) in the first...
  12. MartinF.

The first RF mount super telephoto lens will be a DO lens [CR2]

Sony has a current lead in new cameras, and their approach to development and product cycles is more "agile" and fast than Canon. However, Canon is very big company - doing many other things than cameras and optics - and with a lot of momentum. It maybe take some time to pick up speed - but when...
  13. MartinF.

Patent: Canon Image Sensor Stabilization

A fair guess is that IBIS will be for R-series only. All new features of that kind will probably be on R-series. My quess is that the EOS DSLR line will still evolve on features like autofocus points, DIGIC processors, and sensors, but we will probably not see any big jumps in evolution nor...
  14. MartinF.

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

I had an EOS-R in my hands for the first time today - October 24th in Denmark. It looks and feels like a solid camera. I did not have the time to really play with it - especially the touch bar I think you need to get used to. But the size reminds me of my Canon AE1-P with FD mount. But the grip...
  15. MartinF.

First look: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Image Quality

That is exactly also my dilemma. I am saving up to a 24-70 f/2.8 mkII, but when will EF mount/ EOS DSLR be a dead end? Probably not the first 5 to 10 years, but I guess it will be sometime in the future, and that is quite frustrating.
  16. MartinF.

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

I guess that 2020-2021 will tell us the future of Canon DSLR line and EF-line. As Canon has released updated (well not that updated...) versions of EF L-lenses they send a signal to customers that EF line (and by that DSLRs) are here to stay for years to come. However - they also need to...
  17. MartinF.

New EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 33.3A for Windows - DPP 4.9.0 with EOS R support!

this is great news. I have just downloaded the software and typed in my 6D serialnumber. The DPP 4.9.0.0 not only support new EF lenses, EOS-R camera and RF lenses, there are also some new features for some us. I have waited a long time for larger thumbnails and largers fonts when using DPP4 on...
  18. MartinF.

Shutter Life on a 5D Mark III

I would recommend the 6D over a used 5D mkIII as well. But a little correction: the 6D do have a thumb whell on the back - but it does not have the "joystik". Being a left eye photographer, I rather used the wheel for changing focus points that the joystik anyway. 5D mkIII is undoubtedly a more...