Search results

1. B

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II appears to be just around the corner, one could assume the PowerShot G7 X Mark III will soon follow

I would love a weatherproof 1 inch sensor camera with EVF. Preferably with bright or longer zoom, like 200mm.
  2. B

What about that EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS from Canon?

Its funny how people always find a way to defend Canon, no matter what. The truth is that Sony suddenly has better option with the 200-600.
  3. B

I have the 100-400 and 1.4TC. It's good but F8 is not very bright at all and AF is limited. The 400 DO is expensive, not the same category.
  4. B

Well, if you are a wildlife photographer and looking for something longer than 400mm (not exactly long for wildlife), your only options are third party lenses (Sigma, Tamron), used 500mm F4 or spending $10000 for something from Canon.
  5. B

No crop on 4K coming in next APS-C DSLR [CR1]

As a 7DII and 100-400 owner, the new Sony 200-600 is very tempting for me. The 400mm can be often short.
  6. B

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

For me it's amazing how Canon is just dropping the wildlife market where they were the leader for so long and the first choice for most photographers. They still have amazing lenses but no bodies i would buy. Outdated, 5 year old 7DII, 6fps 5D4 or a very expensive 1Dx. Even in the lens...
  7. B

The first supertelephoto for the RF mount to be an RF 500mm f/4L IS [CR1]

What is the advantage of the RF mount for these lenses. Other than native mount and better communication i don't see any advantage. Surely not in size over the EF mount.
  8. B

Canon Inc. releases Q1 2019 financial results

The smartphones will win the majority of the market but camera manufacturers have some of the guilt: Compact cameras have no better image quality than smartphones (except expensive premium compacts) and almost always worst jpeg's. Connectivity is much worse. Improve out of camera image quality...
  9. B

Is a brand new 32.5mp APS-C sensor from Canon on the way? [CR1]

Why every lens need to resolve the maximum? If a zoom is only good for 24MP on the 32MP sensor, why is that worse than having a 24MP. At least you have an option to have higher resolution with a prime, a macro lens or high-end zoom.
  10. B

Yes, i think so too. At the moment i like images from all manufacturers better, Fuji, Sony and Nikon. But Canon's lens selection is still unmatched, especially in the tele range.
  11. B

"ISO performance equal to or surpass my 1dxII" This can't and won't happen. Unless they make an 8MP sensor. What i want is an improved 24-26 MP sensor which produces sharp images. I feel the current 7DII is somewhat soft.
  12. B

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

Why do people always think that someone who has a 500mm lens only using 1DX level cameras? You can buy a used Canon 500mm IS in good condition for less than the price of a 5D4. Nothing about the 7D is consumer. It's basically a 5D4 body with APS-C sensor and faster burst rate. Glenn Bartley who...
  13. B

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

That's why so many full time wildlife photographers are using 7D's because it's consumer only. Who cares about EF-S lenses. The 7D is to be used with 100-400, 500, 600mm big whites. The big megapixel R will need to have 50MP+, at least 10FPS and AF-C/buffer on par with the 7D to compete. And...
  14. B

Current unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

I really hope the M5 II will be something like a X-T3, a bit better built than the current M5. It's disappointing they decided to use the same LP-E17 battery. Will be another camera with 200 shots battery life.
  15. B

New mid-level DSLR and EOS M5 Mark II the next ILC’s from Canon? [CR1]

The 7DII is 5 years old this year. How many years we need to wait for a replacement?
  16. B

How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?

The back of the lens is not sealed when taken off camera so its easy for anything to get in
  17. B

How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?

A fly larvae needs food to develop, don't think there enough of that inside of a lens
  18. B

The Canon EOS Rebel SL3/200D II/250D/Kiss X10 is coming very soon. Images & specifications leak ahead of the official announcement

So if someone wants better video or actually a talented student who wants to learn film making and cinematography, but does not have much money,Canon is not an option. Because the next cheapest 4K with AF (and still heavy crop) is the R or 5D4. Nice! And Canon's response to the dropped sales...
  19. B

The Canon EOS Rebel SL3/200D II/250D/Kiss X10 is coming very soon. Images & specifications leak ahead of the official announcement

I would be very surprised if this have any better video than the RP or M50.
  20. B

Your username is pretty fitting. This new camera reminds me of the 700D release when literally the only notable change was a cosmetically redesigned mode dial and few minor software tweaks..