Search results

1. M

What about that EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS from Canon?

Most of us knew it was vapourware, I certainly haven’t been waiting.
  2. M

Is a dedicated astrophotography EOS R coming in 2019? [CR1]

This is the alluded to head-scratcher mentioned the other day. Canon will use misdirection to continue plodding along.
  3. M

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

Most of those in the know got a Nikon D500 instead of the 7DII. The 7DII AF is too unreliable, at times superb at times missing easy shots. I won't miss the 7DII but am disappointed they won't offer a 7DIII, as I was hoping to see if they could ever take the lead again in AF. D500 is still...
  4. M

The first supertelephoto for the RF mount to be an RF 500mm f/4L IS [CR1]

Actually very good on the A9 especially with the fw 5. I was even getting good results on the Sigma 150-600C, even on the A7RIII. If you can lock onto subject within central zone it will track it using all points, but it won't initiate tracking from the outer points. If you stick with centre or...
  5. M

The first supertelephoto for the RF mount to be an RF 500mm f/4L IS [CR1]

Sony has the cameras and no 500, Canon will have the 500 and no cameras.
  6. M

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

dual digic in an 80D, but not in the 5D4 or EOS R. Only a 7 series has had dual digic outside the 1 series and 5Ds. Those specs seem way too good for an 80D replacement but if it's to repalce7DII as well it's believable. That would be a D7500 killer but I doubt AF will touch the D500.
  7. M

Patent: Dual internal teleconverter telephoto lens.

That is rather clever. But will we get a 300 f/4 with very poor mfd like the 400 f/5.6 or will that improve to get something more like the current 300 f/4L. 300 f/4L IS is a great lens for floral portraits and larger insect work like dragonflies etc. But current 100-400 are even better.
  8. M

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Gosh I hope they don't rehash the 80D's AF system. Time to get your act together Canon you're a distant 3rd or 4th these days.
  9. M

A new Canon DSLR seems to be getting teased on social media by a Canon ambassador

1DXIII will get hybrid sensor, shooting 16fps with mechanical shutter and 30fps with e-shutter. Not beyond current sensor tech to read a sensor that fast, well at least for Sony that is and Olympus offer 60fps with large caveats and Fuji 30fps with caveats too. I would love Canon to get a...
  10. M

Canon registers a 32.5mp APS-C DSLR in Taiwan

And m4/3 has a new 34MP sensor coming, with 136MP FF equivalent resolution, which makes this 32MP APS-C look lame. If this new 32MP is one of Sony’s new sensors, then it might be a beauty, but I’d want it in a camera with the best AF around, which would mean a 7DIII with at least 1DXII class AF...
  11. M

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

Sounds like a long wait for a decent mirrorless offering. Too long for many.
  12. M

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

Where the hell is the 300 f/2.8L IS III and 500 f/4L IS III, the only thing that realy matters. Will they wait 5 years and only make RF version while they make some mythical R sports camera that can shoot fast action at more than 3fps with tracking.
  13. M

The 2020 RF lens roadmap, up to 8 new lenses coming in 2020

Why can they give us a lens roadmap but not a camera roadmap. This indicates they have no faith in themselves to deliver a truly class leading camera any more. They don't need many details just a broad outline of what to expect. Not a chance in hell I'd buy into the R system without indication...
  14. M

A leaked document suggests that Canon has a 63mp full frame image sensor in the works.

So many leaks about products that'll we'll never see, what about what we will see. I suspect Canon doesn't want leaks of more trailing edge specs to further disillusion the faithful.
  15. M

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

Nikon released the 7DIII 3 years ago. Why wait. 7DII was a major disappointment and I highly doubt Canon could even offer something better than the D500 anyway even with 4 years to get it right. I'll believe it when I see it that Canon can have a competitive mirrorless action oriented camera...
  16. M

All new 24mp sensor coming to the next Canon ILC’s [CR1]

I skipped the 7DII and got sick of waiting for 7DIII, got the D500 and 200-500 instead. Awesome combo. I'll be surprised if Canon can even surpass that 4 years after it's release.
  17. M

All new 24mp sensor coming to the next Canon ILC’s [CR1]

In a word yes if they are talking about line skipping. Sony's 24MP sensor in the A9 and A7III are actually 25.3MP just what you need to do full sensor 6K read-out, which is then downsampled to 4K. It will be a big deal if Canon can offer 4K without a crop let alone any notion of them doing 6K...
  18. M

It looks like firmware v1.2.0 for the Canon EOS R will be released on April 18, 2019

By that logic they should at least get Nikon then.