Search results

1. G

600mm options

The EF600mm f/4L V1 is not practical for carrying over sustained distances and periods of time. Simply too heavy. I've owned V2 for three years, and with a monopod on your shoulder it is very doable. I've used the V2 with full frame to cover golf and tennis. And, it works v.v. well with the...
  2. G

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Thunderbirds at Joint Base Andrews. Rare seven plane Blue Angels formation over the Pentagon.
  3. G

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Canon 5D Mark IV + 1200mm (canon 600mm f/4l is ii + canon 2x extender iii) @ f8, 1/1,250.
  4. G

Non-birder brings a 70-200 and a 2x in search of eagles -- hilarity ensues

(10-15-2017) Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge (near Cambridge, MD) with 5DM4, 600mm f4 II, 2X III extender.
  5. G

Canon 600 f4L IS II with Multiple Extenders

Was multi-cleared by the USSS.
  6. G

That's correct -- 2400mm (48x) at f/16. Also, manually focused with live view screen magnified to 100x. Mounted on travel style tripod with gimbal head. The optical quality of the 600 f4L IS II never fails to impress on projects. Its stunning performance with said extender combination was...
  7. G

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Photographed from 1/2 mile of swearing in ceremony at 4th Street & Independence Avenue Note: Not a usual configuration of my 600. This was a special project. Demonstrating the use of multiple extenders in series. Weather conditions: cloudy, light...
  8. G

Going beyond 600mm

Jack, the tripod is actually the weakest link in the setup. Optically stunning at 48x. We're expecting rain. I'll be out at 670 yards on rooftop (law enforcement approved). If it works out, I'll consider posting an image.
  9. G

Going beyond 600mm

Using this combination at the Inauguration on Friday, 1-20-2017: 600 f4L IS II + 2xIII + 2xII + 5D Mark IV = 2400mm
  10. G

Canon 600mm f/4L IS II USM Lens and Backpack-Roller Bag

photo212, Any chance of posting a photo of your 500mm inside the Pelican 1510? Will a 600mm fit inside this case? If so, any suggestion for the padding -- the "pick and pluck" foam option?
  11. G

Great discussion about the challenges of transporting big glass safely...
  12. G

John, thanks for your thoughts. I have a Lowepro Lens Trekker 600 AW Version II. Have not tested it in the field yet. Seems to ride a little too high on my back -- plus not sure I could get that backpack on a plane. A mid-side roller-backpack -- with lens hood folded and camera off -- seemed...
  13. G

I am in the process of choosing a "medium size" backpack-roller bag for use to primarily transport a Canon 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens. The Tenba Roadie II Universal Hybrid Roller/Backpack represents one of the style bags I am considering. As part of my pre-purchase research/due diligence, I...
  14. G

Any News On Canon 50mm Image Stabilized Lens ?

I would be interested in a new 50mm model to update my current f/1.4.