Search results

1. G

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Interested to see what the 1080p specs are. No mention so far.
  2. G

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

It will be interesting to see what the external recording specs are.
  3. G

The EOS 80D Replacement to be a Big Leap Forward [CR2]

We'll see, of course. Every year it seems that we get all this advance excitement and promises. We wait for 6-12 months. Then the camera is released, and it underwhelms us. It's a good camera, but definitely less than what people thought it would be. The video specs are out there for...
  4. G

Video Capabilities Will Be at the Heart of All Future Canon Prosumer Camera Bodies [CR2]

Canon can start with the GH5/GH5s specs and go from there. We'll see.
  5. G

Is The Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III The Next Cinema EOS Body? [CR1]

I agree. The camera is a computer, but with different inputs and outputs than a desktop or laptop has. It has chips in there to process the data. That means software could be bolted on and new features added. But the basic operating strategy is to bake a camera and that is that (except for...
  6. G

A Cinema Series DSLR Isn't Happening, But a New Cinema Line Likely is [CR1]

Fuji is coming on. Make no mistake about it. Their GFX50s is an amazing camera. It blows away ANYTHING that Canon has to offer. And I expect Fuji to be more aggressive in the video area in the coming year. One thing that Fuji does is to continue to provide firmware updates with new features...
  7. G

I agree. The amazing thing is the Canon had the video market in the palm of their hand with the 5DIII. They did have the right idea with the 1Dc although it was expensive. Then they let other companies grab that market with really great products. People like myself were hoping that the 5DIV...
  8. G

Yep, the A7 III. The GH5 and the GH5s are doing heavy damage too. A lot of indy filmmakers are using it. Very high frame rates are supported. The other thing is the ProRes Raw codec. Atomos is supporting it. It will be the new standard and supported by all the NLEs. The bottom line is...
  9. G

Industry News: Fujifilm Announces a New Telephoto Lens for the GFX Medium Format System

I love Canon products. But my next camera is going to be the Fuji GFX100s. Look at what the GFX50s creates and you will know.
  10. G

Industry News: Xiaomi to Purchase GoPro Says Report

People jumped on that stock when the IPO came out. I told a lot of people to stay away from it. Many didn't listen and ultimately lost a bundle. My reasons back then? It was 1 trick pony that had technology that was easily beatable by the big boys in the camera world. Once the initial...
  11. G

A Shake-up Coming to the APS-C DSLR Lineup? [CR2]

I agree. I just used my t4i today to do some quick shots at a juniors golf tournament. It's light and I can throw it in my small bag. These shots were not for artistic purposes. They were for Facebook and personal use. The main thing was to capture a lot of stuff. I didn't need to carry...
  12. G

Industry News: Blackmagic Design Announces Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K for Just $1295

Well, we will see. The camera won't be available until this fall, at least. BMD has announced features for cameras in the past only to change them later when they couldn't deliver. The long lead time tells me they are still working out things. If the camera was near ready, then it would...
  13. G

I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

"The first cameras tested will be for 7Dmk2, 6Dmk2, 5DMk3/5Dmk4, 1DxMk2, C100, C200 and C300...in that order!" This is an interesting thread to be sure. Magic Lantern is already doing a good job of pushing the DSLR's. So, IMO a good thing would be to get 4K on the C100s. Nobody is touching...
  14. G

GoPro Inc. For Sale Per Report

When it first IPOed I told people on message boards to stay away from it or else get in, take a profit, and then get out quick. Many argued with me. Some poor person bought it at $93.70! It's what happens when you invest in 'cool' instead of 'smart.'
  15. G

Off Brand: Panasonic Announces the Ultimate Hybrid DSLM With New 10.2MP High Sensitivity MOS sensor

Re: Off Brand: Panasonic Announces the Ultimate Hybrid DSLM With New 10.2MP High Sensitivity MOS sen There are vids on YT that show that GH5s AF is much improved over the GH5. And of course, the GH5s addresses the low light issue. My main point is that sure the C200 is great, but cameras of...
  16. G

Off Brand: Panasonic Announces the Ultimate Hybrid DSLM With New 10.2MP High Sensitivity MOS sensor

Re: Off Brand: Panasonic Announces the Ultimate Hybrid DSLM With New 10.2MP High Sensitivity MOS sen Canon has nothing to compete with the GH5s with the video specs it has and the price point. Nothing. It AFs better than the GH5 too. If you question the quality of the video it produces, then...
  17. G

Re: Off Brand: Panasonic Announces the Ultimate Hybrid DSLM With New 10.2MP High Sensitivity MOS sen I am not defending the GH5s AF. But the thing is you can't do a "set it and forget it" when it comes to AF. Two things happen even with Canon DPAF: 1.) you can get annoying hunting with some...
  18. G

New 4K ILC Coming From Canon in 2018, Not Cinema EOS [CR2]

It all depends on the video specs. Those of the 5DIV are underwhelming. Canon has a recent track record of dumbing down cameras unless you want to go to the upper end of the cinema line. I am not having high expectations.
  19. G

Canon Inc. Boss Wants to See More Innovation

I have a bunch of Canon cameras and camcorders. I love Canon. The thing is the Panasonic GH5 has better combination of video specs and price point than anything Canon has. The word is that a GH5s is due to be announced shortly. Lots of filmakers use the GH5. Then there is the Fuji GFX50. You...
  20. G

Zeiss Reports Record Revenue & Earnings, Who Needs AF?

I have 3 Zeiss lenses, and I love everyone of them. I use them for mostly static situations, so I have no problem with getting focus. The color transmission and fine detail are amazing. They are well worth the money I spent on them.