Search results

1. Dholai

Canon thinks the camera market will drop by another 50% over the next two years

I agree with you 200%. Could not say it better
  2. Dholai

Well, this sucks... Camera and Lens snapped at the mount

It has happened to me. In India-in 2017- in a national park, I left the bag on a chair and somehow it fell. The 400 DO MK II snapped off from the camera body (1Dx MK II) taking the locking rings out from the camera. I was glad I had my backup 1Dx and the 100-400 MK II for my rescue! Sent it to...
  3. Dholai

Here are a few images of the upcoming Zeiss Otus 100mm f/1.4

Really? I have all the Otus lenses and used the Sigma art series . They don't even compare when it comes to color, micro contrast and sharpness! !
  4. Dholai

Aurora Aperture announces development of filters for the Canon EF-to-RF adapters

I, for one will be waiting to see those filter's quality as I think they will solve a lot of my problems with bulbous lens fronts and huge filters ! If there is a way that we can stack filters -like a polarizer with an ND, it will be excellent! I have never used their filters. Are they good?
  5. Dholai

A New Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Tilt-Shift Lens Coming? [CR2]

Great news! I have to full line up of these and loving them more every day! Last week I did some multishot panorama with the 50 mm T/S using some tilt and Lord! How sharp everything was from 3 ft to infinity!Contrast was superb!Great color. I just bought a 24 mm T/S (for the 2nd time) 3...
  6. Dholai

Canon, King in SLR Cameras, Makes Inroads Into Mirrorless

The way I understand it... it is simple. Just the way canon captured the SLR/dSLR market , they are going to go full throttle to be the market leader in MILC. Next few years, we will see a lot of new, exciting releases from Canon in this segment to solidify there major market share and then...
  7. Dholai

Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS USM Coming First Half of 2018 [CR1]

I have compared the following 4 lenses in identical settings in one session. 1) Canon 135 F2 2) sigma Art 135 F1.8 3) Canon 70-200 F 2.8L MK II 4) Zeiss Milvus 135 F2 In my opinion- Zeiss is first and far ahead. Nothing comes closer. Sigma and Canon are close second. Sigma may be a tad better...
  8. Dholai

Review: Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art

I compared it to the Zeiss 15 mm Milvus for daytime landscape photography at various apertures . While the Sigma is very good, I find the color, contrast and peripheral sharpness are better with the Zeiss. Not by a big margin though! I must tell you that I have actually cancelled a return...
  9. Dholai

Sadly, the 6dm2 and 5div to be obsolete shortly

deadwrong, I did not read all the posts but I did your original one. Your name said it all- why elaborate! Dholai
  10. Dholai

Manual Focus Micro Adjustment

I have the exact same issue that Al described. The latest 135 mm Milvus gave me this headache recently! While it is a phenomenal lens with unbelievable image quality, to me, it seemed like it is front focusing! My eyesight is not great and I was depending on the focus confirmation beep with the...
  11. Dholai

Switzerland-Confused about gear choice

Thank everybody. These are valuable inputs. Neuro: Thank a lot for suggesting the 17 mm T/S- I actually have one. Will definitely take it. BTW- that evening shot of the building was excellent and the pictures on that link-waw! I cant even express myself! I wish I can do a fraction of it! 5DIV...
  12. Dholai

Switzerland-Confused about gear choice

We will be visiting Switzerland for 9 days starting April 1st. This is a once in a lifetime trip and we are looking forward to take some good pictures ( only reason to visit actually) I need help with gear selection . I am mainly interested in a) Landscape b) Environmental portraits c) Old...
  13. Dholai

Canon 11-24 f4 filter solutions.

Lee has a filter holder system for it. It vignettes at 11 mm though! And those glass filter pieces- they are vulnerable to breaking :-[
  14. Dholai

Ended: Canon Store Restocks Popular Refurbished Cameras & Lenses at 10% Discount

Re: Deal: Canon Store Restocks Popular Refurbished Cameras & Lenses at 10% Discount Is this price AFTER the 10% discount ?
  15. Dholai

What is happening here ?

Thanks all. again. I found the solution. I think placing the filter in the proximal slot solves the problem. I placed it in the distal one ( just beginning to use it) ! Then I saw the link Mikehit gave from the Lee website. They are exactly right. BTW, I did cover my viewfinder (...
  16. Dholai

What is happening here ?

Thanks everybody Mikehit, it has a foam gasket but obviously it does not work. :( Neuro, will try to do that- not very convenient though :'( BTW, the Cokin P filter holder for 100 mm NDs that I use for my all other lenses except 17 T/S and the Otus 85/28 works fine. Never had any such issues...
  17. Dholai

What is happening here ?

I just wrapped a black cloth around the filter and holder and shot . The problem was gone! So , it was light leak and reflection of the front element from the ND filter. Any practical solution ? Thanks
  18. Dholai

What is happening here ?

Thanks everybody. I think I understand what is happening from the input of all of you. Next question- what is the solution? wrap a black cloth around the filter attachment to prevent light leak ? That would be very inconvenient emI58- how did you solve it? Thanks again
  19. Dholai

What is happening here ?

Please look at the image shot with a Canon 11-24 and a Lee Big stopper (10 stop ND) at around 12 mm. What are all these? Present at all apertures (4-22), worse with smaller. Thanks
  20. Dholai

Photography in Costa Rica

Hello all, I will be heading to Costa Rica for a 10 days trip( first time in my life and probably last time) soon and would like some advise from the experts of this site regarding dos and do not s as far as photography goes. I am interested in birds, wildlife and landscapes. I can have a good...