Search results

1. Sporgon

Need advice for a sturdy tripod and head

:) Good to see you're still on form Buddy !
  2. Sporgon

World Press Photo of the Year 2019 Winner shot on Canon EOS-1DX Mark II

Thanks for sharing: many really good and powerful images.
  3. Sporgon

Dynamic range comparison between the EOS RP, EOS 6D Mark II and EOS R

I thought DR didn't matter anymore since Nikon introduced the D5 ?
  4. Sporgon

Tamron to announce two new lenses ahead of CP+ this month

For some unexplained reason in my physiological make up I find the thought of Tamron prime lenses desirable (I have 45 and 85) but not Tamron zooms.
  5. Sporgon

Favorite Method to Clean Sensor

My favourite method is to not bother. (I’ve found that the biggest culprit for dust / pollen / et al on sensors are zoom lenses, and since I’ve moved to 5DS I mostly use primes).
  6. Sporgon

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

No it doesn’t. Before I settled for the 5DS I tried both s and sr together. Obviously from unsharpened raw the sr is sharper with greater contrast, and, if we’re going to be anal, occasionally some colour aliasing. Equally obvious is the fact that from an unsharpened file the sr will produce a...
  7. Sporgon

Notice about compatibility for Canon EOS R with Tamron lenses for Canon mount

Download the latest firmware using the tap in console.
  8. Sporgon

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Hmmm.....I suppose for portraits you won't be requiring infinity focus. Even so I wonder if you're real name is Harry Mudd ;)
  9. Sporgon

Why WOULD Canon make another SLR/DSLR now?

No ! I predict that dslr will continue to be made until dslr and mirrorless are both replaced by a change in technology.
  10. Sporgon

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Let us know how you get on with it. It's now my most used lens with very good sharpness across the frame, even at f/1.8, but with a lovely transition and soft bokeh, and this characteristic continues when stopped down. I guess this is why, within the design, Tamron had to allow it to have pretty...
  11. Sporgon

Canon said to have scrapped at least one DSLR in development [CR2]

Not sure the 5DS was ever intended for "fast action work".
  12. Sporgon

I agree that 30 + mp is enough for most of us, more than enough in fact. In comparison 50 mp is relatively niche, but remember that in all these comparisons we are splitting hairs in the difference, and I’ll split hairs by stating that the colour definition on the 5DS when used from a very...
  13. Sporgon

Have you used one ? It's an unforgiving camera but that doesn't make it bad. When used well the results are stunning.
  14. Sporgon

Samyang to announce XP 35mm f/1.2 soon

Really, focus peaking ? I've found the magnification function is the only sure way, and then it's so awkward through the viewfinder I don't see it as much more practical than magnification of the rear screen on a dslr.
  15. Sporgon

Review: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

Another endorsement for the Tamron 45/1.8 from me. Although very sharp it has the softest bokeh.
  16. Sporgon

Black & White

@Click & dpc: many thanks. I love working in B&W, and often when going back to the colour version it can look aesthetically quite vulgar in colour !
  17. Sporgon

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

Well another piece of irrefutable evidence that you've provided - Sony believes that even a 42 mp sensor requires an AA filter option ;)
  18. Sporgon

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

Typical dpreview - begging a difference. Fancy showing the 800 and 800E with the same amount of sharpening, and 100% of .6 pixel is quite significant. Of course the 800E is going to look shaper - it looks brittle in fact. The way to test the two side by side is for the 800E to have no...