Search results

1. Tinky

motorised sliders

Motorised sliders... What are folks using? Performance? Cost? Portability? Ease of set up? Ease of programming? Approaching from a timelapse perspective, basic linear movements with ramping through to rotating tilting heads on moving camera platform. Some seem ludicrously expensive, others...
  2. Tinky

Crossroads. Get metabobes and stick with EF, or throw my lot in with MFT?

Just got a panny g7 for video. Have the money to drop on a metabones xl adaptor. Just thinking, do I want to use the big ef lenses on the diminutive g7? Mainly for video so will be shooting mf for that, but on the odd occassion I shoot stills, would I not rather fast af and is, and compact...
  3. Tinky

I hate to be that guy but.. 4K Panasonic G7 £345 after cashback...

UHD Panasonic G7 £345 after cashback... (£445 in-store body only, £100 cashback from Panasonic) A camera that does the essentials as well as the GH4... £100 for an EF-M4/3 converter with aperture control (it's video, don't need AF) C'mon Canon. I always said I wouldn't invest in 4K until a...
  4. Tinky

Sony A-Mount dead?

http://petapixel.com/2015/10/17/sony-uk-there-are-no-a-mount-cameras-planned/ A warning to E-adopters for the future.
  5. Tinky

That awful moment: My wife (or partner) is better than me...

I've spent years reading books, watching tutorials, walking round galleries, trying the latest softwares, gadgets, gizmos, expensive lenses etc... I lend my wife my very old 10D, a 430EX flashgun, talk to her a tiny bit about focus lock, exposure lock, and using AE shift to balance E-TTL flash...
  6. Tinky

Apes bring down Drone. Forward planning involved.

Fly your quadcopter over primates at your peril. http://gu.com/p/4c5fg/fb
  7. Tinky

Powershot for video

I do video for a living, amongst the many cameras I have used and presently use, from 2/3 type ENG to 1/3 type camcorder to DSLR I very very VERY ocassionally grab a quick pick up or cutaway shot on my Powershot SX230, primarily because in some occassions I see something that would be useful...
  8. Tinky

This leaves a bad taste... photographers rights, human wrongs?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3174710/Fury-Lee-Rigby-picture-removed-military-memorial-amid-copyright-row-MoD-photographer.html is this right? what if you had taken an image of something or somebody that later became newsworthy? Can't but feel the MoD messed up early on, but its...
  9. Tinky

XC10, XF series and random rumblings.

Just spent a day shooting with an XF300. Brought back memories of my old z1 and my even older XL1... Just ingesting the footage and it's not bad at all... just a bit video... down to the 1/3" chips of course. The flexibility and speed of operation, the sensible and sorted audio, and a decent...
  10. Tinky

"Stupid Man!" (poor technique)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTr50aHGDnI&sns=em Uncle Bob makes a tit of himself once again. Obviously a canon user from the white zoom. All the kit. No wit.
  11. Tinky

Camera selection for wedding

Taking a camera to a wedding tomorrow (sorry for the short notice) I just wondered, from my available kit what you would take.. It's going to be a fairly long day, so compactness is a factor. I wasn't sure whether just to take my powershot sx230, which would be adequate for the outdoor parts...
  12. Tinky

TC generation / lens matching

Hi, I'll start with my usual caveat, apologies if this seems uppity, but please only post an answer if you have actual first hand, hands on experience of what I'm asking and the kit I'm asking about. Still here? Great. Lets begin. I have a 70-200 f2.8L (non-IS) I would like to get more...
  13. Tinky

Magic Lantern manual colour temperature

Hi ML users. I'm shooting a couple of interviews in a large factory building lit by horrible overhead sodium bulbs. I'm going to filter my tungsten lights to try and get close to the sodium as possible so that the subject looks fairly well matched with the ambient lights. I'm going to use...
  14. Tinky

samyang 12mm / 16mm experiences. Ef-m generally.

Hi folks, I'm looking for feedback from anybody WHO HAS ACTUALLY OWNED AND USED SPECIFICALLY. the Samyang 12mm f2.0 mirrorless or 16mm f2.0 APS-C lenses. I know theres a lot of samyang bashing generally because some folk can only use af, I'm not talking to those people. I'm talking to the...
  15. Tinky

Jane Bown, RIP

One of the people whose work inspired me to take up photography passed away today, well known in the UK, this may be something of a late introduction to international readers. A modest lady with a modest technique and very modest equipment by contemporary standards, her style and rapport with...
  16. Tinky

depth of field preview button position

Here's something thats always troubled me... Ever since my Old minolta sr-t's I've really appreciated the benefits of having a dop preview button, my first eos lacked it (1000fn) but my 2nd EOS had it (my 5, or A2e) albeit enabled via custom function on the ae lock button, or via ECF (I...
  17. Tinky

So, Yongnuo replica lenses....

Anybody else morbidly curious? The 50mm f1.8 is so cheap that it's almost worth a punt to see how bad (or otherwise) it could possibly be.... The model it's cloning, is for some of it's range at least, the best canon 50mm in some performance regards, this clone adds an extra couple of aperture...
  18. Tinky

t3i, 60d, 7d.... which to sell

T3i: + Shutter count: approx 8000 Takes SD cards like my other cams (go pro, m's, powershot) Very useful for video (flip out screen) - Unique lp-e8 poof stills af whole stop iso 60d Just bought, bargain price from calumet used, as new, 5000 shots. Not sure whether to make main video camera and...