Search results

1. C

The State of the Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Development

I was convinced Canon will not do FF mirrorless the way all you mirrorless lovers want it to (take 5DIV and pack it into 6D body with EF-X mount). I thought they will wait to add a next big technology to it. I even specified technologies I find most likely ones. You take these technologies very...
  2. C

The State of the Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Development

Neuro, I am afraid YOU might be the one living in a dream, not him. Since they started EF-M lens line-up Canon hasn't made any EF-S lenses (actually they released new kit lenses and a f3.5 macro) Canon will not stop making EF lenses right away, but they will likely release fewer new lens...
  3. C

Article: Canon's 4000D and the Race to the Bottom

I agree, but must come back to the previous post for a moment. In Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa and probably India too, M10 is not selling at half price. It will be "current" camera and have full price until Nederlands gets M100 at half price AND sells them all. Only then will M10 be...
  4. C

That is exactly why it is a good step-up - you will lose your bad habits from your 100€ phone and get used to DSLR controls. Then you can quickly find your way with your university's, your company's or your bosses 5DIII or 70D.
  5. C

Canon updates the 15-45, 18-150 and 55-200mm for the M50's Dual Sensing IS

Nifty-fifty and 40/2.8 have no IS. There is nothing firmware update can do about that. This isn't IBIS replacement, but optical IS booster. It wont give stabilization to lens that does not have it.
  6. C

Canon, King in SLR Cameras, Makes Inroads Into Mirrorless

Why is no DPAF an issue? M50 is using phase detection AF in 4K, just as α6500. In 1080p it has DPAF, something no one has matched yet. Sony and Panasonic NEVER use DPAF. Am I missing something?
  7. C

That is a catch isn't it? Article says it as if they are quoting Canon, but they haven't actually quoted them. Regardless weather you believe Canon is nerfing their products you know that they would never say it. No marketing executive would use the word cannibalize. Headline is "Canon the king...
  8. C

Fuji X has wide selections of lenses, but not excellent lenses. Fuji X lenses are overpriced and often have serious optical flaws. Sorry for replaying to a 4 day old post, but this is a statement that I had to comment on. Fujifilm XF 50-140mm f2.8 OIS costs $1,600 and I HATE its "look". It is...
  9. C

Don't bother searching back through our news archive for information on this camera or looking for a preview page; the EOS 4000D is not scheduled to hit North American shores...
  10. C

Where I live there is no eBay and no refurb. "Hand-me-down" will not get you 80D+18-135 STM because it is 4 monthly salaries. You might get a 10 year old point&shoot ::) USA is not the only market in the world. You made the same wrong presumption as the f-stoppers did. BTW - that stands for...
  11. C

Leaked: Canon EOS M50 Image & Specifications

It seems M5 mark II is going to be a BEAST, but will probably go up in price too
  12. C

Canon Inc. Boss Wants to See More Innovation

I was asking WTF is this supposed to mean: ISO values are designed in such a way that the film-era light meter will suggest the same shutter speed for the given ISO/f-stop/scene combination regardless of film/CCD/CMOS choice and regardless of sensor size. This was designed loooong time ago and...
  13. C

f2 will not give same depth of field on crop and FF. Larger sensor will produce blurred images, small sensor the sharp one. Bokeh was usually just an UNDESIRABLE side-effect before smartphones. Now it is the easiest, laziest and most popular way to distinguish pro-photos from small-sensor-shots...
  14. C

So you think we believe that you used Canon gear and never came here, only to come to CanonRumors now and have your first post be "I SOLD MY CANON GEAR"? I know I dont believe it.
  15. C

Certification Update of Unreleased Canon Gear

I though Rebels are made in Taiwan and/or China? Does this mean that 2 new Japanese-made cameras are successors to the 77D and 80D?
  16. C

Canon's Next EOS 5DS Won't See a Big Resolution Bump

7D2 already has better high ISO performance than 80D. 7D3 > D500 > 7D2 > 80D/70D (same high-iso noise, 80D better low-iso DR)
  17. C

Another EOS 7D Mark III Wishlist Makes the Rounds, Along With Some Opinion [CR0]

7Dii is Canon best low light crop camera so far (!), even though it is oldest in the line-up. Although DxO gives 80D higher "sports score", on various websites RAW files of 7Dii at high ISO are cleaner. 80D behaves like 70D, but with higher DR yet DxO gives it much higher Sports score (1135 ISO...
  18. C

Will it be the EOS M1? [CR2]

COOL people are last to the party, yet they ARE the party. ;D
  19. C

Analysis of RAW samples at Fred Miranda show weak DR

Thank you for that. You missed a few of my points, but I will repeat only the important one - even if Canon did not use on-sensor-chip technology, 6DII will still have more DR than 6DI. Bringing DOF equivalence and ISO in the same sentence was a huge mistake (particularly on a forum). It...
  20. C

Analysis of RAW samples at Fred Miranda show weak DR

Do you offer other source that says 80D does not have that DR, or are just trolling? How did you come to the conclusion that that is what I thought? And what has a comparison 80D vs 6D got to do with the 6D2? I said that I don't find the rumor believable nor do I find the cost-effectiveness...