Search results

1. P

Patent: Dual internal teleconverter telephoto lens.

I take it, this is the ”crazy” lens mentioned a couple weeks ago?
  2. P

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

I, for one, will use the crap out of a tilt screen almost exclusively for stills.
  3. P

Two New Professional Lenses Coming Ahead of Photokina? [CR1]

Would a 100 or 105mm L of a reasonable size and weight (Sigma ) be out of the question?
  4. P

Leaked: Sigma 105mm f/1.4 HSM Art

I own three Sigma primes currently and this one is on my radar. I have the 14 1.8, 20 1.4 and the 135 1.8. They're all phenomenal lenses that I love shooting with. I'm a sports photographer and I have no qualms whatsoever about putting the 135 on a 1Dx and shooting basketball with it....and it...
  5. P

Patent: Tamron 300mm f/2.8, 400mm f/4, 500mm f/4

Kinda miffed that, apparently, nobody else wants to make a 600 f4.
  6. P

You Keep Asking About the Upcoming Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS....

When was it announced that this lens was going to be "L"? I visit this site everyday and don't remember it. And, I can't understand how this lens would be a camel back breaker making someone jump to Sony? Has Canon released some lenses lately that have been sub-par that would make you worry...
  7. P

Updated Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications [CR2]

I don't believe adding 4K is as simple as people claim it to be. I would think it would take a more heavy duty processor, bigger buffer and more robust heat protection, no? All of these would significantly add to the cost of the camera. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  8. P

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Talk [CR1]

These people who tout their "XXX" brand the best over "YYY" brand should buy stock in the companies that way the trash talking actually has a purpose and not just meaningless posturing.
  9. P

What happens to Big Whites when Mirrorless Takes Over?

There sure are a lot of new lenses in the pipeline and development for a standard that is rumored to be going obsolete. #nothappening
  10. P

Canon in Active Development of EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS [CR2]

The version II is simply too good of a lens to justify the cost of replacing it only for IS. Talk to me in five or six years when it HAS to be replaced.
  11. P

The Next Lens from Canon & NAB Announcements

Who'd a thought "night and day" could be characterized as "subtle?"
  12. P

The Next Lens from Canon & NAB Announcements

So the new 85 is "not a replacement for the f1.2L?" So can we expect pricing to be competitive to the Sigma then?
  13. P

Canon Very Large Sensor Media Format Mirrorless 1Dx2 style Camera Seen in Wild

Canon doesn't build "all" of the their sensors. They build their high-end sensors but they purchase many of the sensors used in the consumer stuff from other manufacturers.
  14. P

Bokehlicious – The Sigma 135mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art Series Lens Review by MPEX

The Sig 135 AF isn't all that fast. I saw it yesterday. Sharpness was excellent tho.
  15. P

Three Canon Lens Masters Pick Their Favourite Lenses

No distortion on the 11-24? That's a laugh. It hardly ever comes out my bag because I hate the distortion on the edges and corners. If there's a person not directly centered in the frame...forget about it.
  16. P

Updated 2017 Canon Roadmap

Shouldn't there be news on the 70-200 2.8L Mk III and the other big whites that are planned for updates?
  17. P

A New Full Frame Zoom Coming in 2016 [CR2]

A six year old lens is hardly a "recent release," I'd love to see an update.