Search results

1. ajperk

Question re: 17-40L Flare

Hello CanonRumors folks, I recently picked up a 17-40L from the Canon Refurbished store. So far I'm enjoying it, though I have noticed that it seems to flare more than I expected, particularly red and green blotches/reflections. Admittedly, this has generally been in situations where the sun is...
  2. ajperk

Looking for eos-m3 case

Hello CanonRumors community, I recently purchased an eos-m3 and I really love it so far. I am trying to find a small case that will fit the camera plus the 22mm f/2 lens, keep it safe from bumps and scratches, and that could be carried in a backpack or laptop bag. Any eos-m users come across...
  3. ajperk

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM

The bokeh can be pretty nice. The closer focusing distance has already been quite noticeable, also. (Canon 6D, f/2.0, 1/60s, ISO 200)
  4. ajperk

Lens Image Circle Diameter

Could anyone explain to me what aspects of lens design influences the size of the projected image circle? (For example, the EF 24mm f/2.8 vs. the new EF-S 24mm f/2.8 pancake) My understanding is that aperture is dependent on focal length, so it certainly cannot be something so simple as how...
  5. ajperk

Recent L Price Reductions: Thoughts?

Hey everyone, It's exciting to see L lens prices move downward, though I'm not currently in the market for any of them at the moment. I was curious what people think as to these price reductions. What do you think motivated them? And why now? Personally, I wonder if the latest third-party...
  6. ajperk

35mm f/2 IS, your experiences and impressions

Hello all, I have had the shorty-forty for some time now and I've enjoyed it a lot. I like the slightly wider perspective versus 50mm, and found myself using it on my 6D very often. I've recently saved up a bit of money and was considering selling off the 40mm for Canon's new 35mm f/2 IS. I've...
  7. ajperk

Floating Optical System: what is it?

Hello everyone, I've noticed that several lenses, especially macro lenses, are said to possess "floating optical systems" in their design. I have read before that this is related in some way to maintaining the lenses optical quality over the entire range from minimum focusing distance to...
  8. ajperk

Canon 6D Viewfinder Junk Accumulation

Hello everyone, I purchased a Canon 6D back in June and have been loving it! It's my first foray into full frame. Anyway, I've noticed that my viewfinder has really accumulated a lot of specs and dust. I never had this on the rebels I've owned before, and I change lenses less with this camera...
  9. ajperk

Lightroom 5 versus Photoshop Elements 11

Hello everyone! I am interested in purchasing some photo editing software. Unfortunately, I'm not really aware of what the different options are best for. Right now, I am debating between Lightroom 5 and Photoshop Elements 11. I have been using the Canon Digital Photo Professional up to now...
  10. ajperk

Lenses from International Sellers on eBay

I am looking to purchase a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 (non-VC) sometime in the next few months. I have seen that on ebay there are several international sellers that have the lens new for markedly less than, for example, Amazon. I was wondering if anyone has experience purchasing lenses this way. Do...
  11. ajperk

Problem with EF-S 10-22mm Image Softness

Hello everyone, This is my first time posting to the Canon Rumors forum, and I had an issue with a lens that I wanted to get some insight into and some advice on. I purchased a refurbished EF-S 10-22mm wide angle lens a year or two ago from the Canon Refurbished store. I've been using the lens...