Search results

1. K

Canon executives say a lot more coming in 2019

People just like to complain. I use a 5D IV and never have any issues with DR. If I do, its because of user error.
  2. K

Feature update announcements coming to the Canon EOS R and Canon Cinema EOS C200 ahead of NAB

Canon is really ramping their game up. I keep fighting the urge to buy an EOS R, but these video specs are making it tough...
  3. K

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

These are the rumors I like to hear
  4. K

Weather Sealing Torture Test: Canon, Olympus, Nikon Pass.. Sony?

I've shot in some pretty nasty weather with my 5D IV. It is nice to watch a torture test to know my gear will hold up
  5. K

DJI Reveals New Handheld Camera Stabilizers At CES 2018

Interested to see the real world application of this. DJI makes great products at a great price, so it looks promising!
  6. K

Tripod help

Benro tripods are great. I am 6'5" and they make plenty that are tall (mine is taller than I am...). Good quality. Great price.
  7. K

Been with Canon for 12 years - wait or jump ship?

I use Sony cameras a lot for work and I will say the menu system is enough of a reason for most people to not switch over because it is absolutely miserable. Also the AF system on their cameras for fast action sports is not accurate in the least from my experience. Like others have said, rent...
  8. K

Proper way to store lens

True. You can always see what people in your area are selling on Craigslist. That's how I got mine for less than half retail value.
  9. K

Proper way to store lens

Buy a Pelican case and be done with it. Stores securely at home, and on a larger shoot (if applicable).
  10. K

Is there a good looking camera bag anywhere in the world??

Think Tank makes good looking, comfortable bags.
  11. K

My video problems

I use a Sony FS700 with an Odyssey Q7+ and it works wonders. Can shoot high-speed and is relatively cheap (in the video world) because it is a few years old. Very good set-up for anything from interviews to high-action sports.
  12. K

Canon Continues to Develop Supertelephoto Zoom

It's not always about just zoom though. It is also about autofocus speed and sharpness. You lose on both of those with the extenders.
  13. K

Canon Explains Canon Log on the EOS 5D Mark IV

I completely understand that. A majority of what I shoot with my 5D IV and 5D II is interviews. I would imagine a good piece of cine glass or a f/1.8-1.2 would solve that problem for the most part. At least to an extent.
  14. K

The crop really isn't that bad though. If you absolutely NEED that super wide shot, use your C300 or IDX. It sounds like you have plenty to work with. I am sure it is frustrating, but with that much camera power, I would imagine you could find a way to make it work...
  15. K

They probably have had the hardware figure out before they announced the update. Maybe the firmware is the last piece that is still being tweaked/tested
  16. K

Yeah I shoot video professionally so I understand. Also, I shoot video on a 5D IV and have had extremely good results at ISO 1600 and higher. I was just pointing out that for a professional setting such as NAB, you would think they would want that ISO closer to what is recommended for best...
  17. K

I am trying to figure out why the professional who is displaying the new product is shooting with poor settings? 125 frame rate, ISO 1600 at 23.98p? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense... Either way, I am excited to get this update!
  18. K

Crop Factor Change for 4K on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Included in Coming Update & More

This would be a great update! Only hoping to not have to ship my camera back AND pay. Otherwise, I can't wait!
  19. K

5D Question

If you shoot Macro, you might benefit from the Dual Pixel Raw a little. Other than that, the touch screen is really nice on the 5D4 but the extra MP on the 5Ds and 5dsR would be nice.