Search results

1. Zlyden

Canon 70D vs. 6D - Which is the better "Do-It-All" camera?

Wow! Cool! Is this scene a 'sporting event' or a 'wedding'? ;D (Why wedding can not be classified as sporting event, anyway?)
  2. Zlyden

Well... the discussion is very interesting, but... we still do not have any information from OP about: 1) Why he does not like T2i anymore? (Why he wants to upgrade it?) 2) Why he needs "Do-It-All" camera? (I do not think such thing exists, unless it's some future "iPhone 7S".) 3) Why he uses...
  3. Zlyden

Hmmm... actually the questions that need to be answered before making any recommendations are: 1) "What is wrong with T2i?" (T2i is good-ole 550D with 'vintage' 18 MPx sensor, right?) 2) "What lenses do you have? Are these 50 mm and 70-200 all of them you have and plan to use?" Otherwise the...
  4. Zlyden

Canon 10-22 vs 10-18

I do wish that this EF-S 10-18 IS lens existed 7 years ago (in 2007, when I bought my first DSLR called 400D/XTi and EF-S 10-22 as the first additional lens for it). Now it just looks like Canon is trying to create the "new plastic trinity" combined of EF-S 10-18 (ultra wide) + EF-S 18-55...
  5. Zlyden

Need winter advice about condensation: lenses and/or filters?

Long overdue post-resume: No filters were need during all days of our two weeks winter in Iceland (well, maybe once). The weather there was pretty mild without too much cold or humidity (well, maybe once during rain-snowfall with +2C° in Akureyri). So, if anyone else will be concerned with...
  6. Zlyden

Just " How to take the Good Indoor Pictures"

Dear Surapon, Now you have even more respect form likes of myself. (And it already was not that small to start with... ) :)
  7. Zlyden

Dear Surapon, Do you mean that you heavily invested in past 15-20 in Canon's stock? Well, it definitely was a much wiser idea than, for example, to invest in Eastman Kodak's stock...
  8. Zlyden

Dear Surapon, Thank you very much for this topic! I think that the best suggestion Olympus can make about indoor photography to Olympus' users should be something like this: "If you want to make good indoor pictures, please, sell all you Olympus gear and cameras and buy new FF camera from...
  9. Zlyden

How do you deal with lens reviews...

I do not think that there is any review that states that 17-40 is the worst lens in the world (reviewers normally save such description for 3rd party lenses). Otherwise, you just should have some initial ideas about "who" and "why" writes a review, and what do you expect from the lens. PS: If...
  10. Zlyden

Vote for T1i, SL1 or 6D

You did not seem to say "why" do you want to change T1i (is it 500D?) to SL1 or 6D? If you want a camera with smaller size, than the choice should be SL1. If you want a camera with better lo-light-indoor (ISO 1600 is as good as ISO 400 on APS-C and ability to use zooms at F/4-F/8 instead of...
  11. Zlyden

DXOMark: Sigma 24-105 f/4 DG OS Reviewed

I do think that Sigma DID initially plan to turn this lens into a head-to-head competition against Canon's 24-105 (not as a strange product that may or may not target only Nikon users). They just were too slow. I do not know what time it takes to design, test and put a lens into mass...
  12. Zlyden

Interesting discussion! Now I think I understand practical purpose of this parameter in DxO stats. Did anyone see lenses with calculated T-stop equal to F-number on them?
  13. Zlyden

Hmmm.... two more points: 1) Why everyone here thinks that Sigma's MSRP is lower than Canon's? It's NOT: Sigma's 24-105 official MSRP is $1260. See: http://www.sigmaphoto.com/product/24-105mm-f4-dg-os-hsm-art 2) Why would Sigma make a lens that targets only Nikon users, while it perfectly...
  14. Zlyden

Well, sometimes when I walk into a photo store in some big 'shopping mole' (to look at new cameras I saw only on web pictures while my wife is in next shop in search for new shoes) I do see people purchasing rather strange lenses for equally strange prices... ...looks like this is a good...
  15. Zlyden

It's not 'the box itself' but rather 'the color of the box'. I got mine 'white boxed' 24-105 L back in 2008 for around $900 (looks like Canon ships much-much more 6Ds and 5D III kits these days than original 5Ds in early 2008). Probably the lens build quality was also more stable in those days...
  16. Zlyden

I definitely don't! Any 24-105/4 is supposed to be a 'walk-about-kit-lens'. It should be small and light. Not optically perfect (this a job of 2.8 lenses). But if Sigma would make some extra sharp 24-105/2.8 lens (or even better for me: 24-300/4 lens) with same size, weight and price. I could...
  17. Zlyden

Whatever it is -- retail resellers all over the world (or at least in some countries) should be happy with Sigma's decision to release its 24-105 version with that MSRP :) This should rise demand and popularity of unkitted 24-105 L. (And probably its price too.) I can easily imagine a...
  18. Zlyden

Thinking Out Loud: EOS 7D Mark II Thoughts

Such 'innovation' makes much more sense for Sony, because it has wide range of reasonably good 'crop lenses' and probably wants to 'lure' existing NEX and APS-C alpha users into brave new world of FF. (And probably this is not a luxury but necessity, given limited number of new FE lenses.) On...
  19. Zlyden

Thinking Out Loud: EOS 7D Mark II Thoughts

Well, it is not only Canon -- no camera makers in APS-C or 4/3 segment did make much progress on 'noise level' during past 10 years (unless a great jump from ISO 1600 being 'just awful' to 'almost acceptable' counts as a progress). I do not think that it's possible that '7D II' may be much...
  20. Zlyden

How do you carry your EOS-M?

Dear Surapon, I'm afraid that this bag might be to narrow for your EOS M with "Fotodiox Pro, All Metal Black Camera Hand Grip" ... ...or maybe not. Please, check before buy.